Author Topic: greenhouse  (Read 1890 times)

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
greenhouse
« on: December 19, 2007, 10:16:39 »
just to let you all know i didn't have to dismantle the greenhouse as it fitted on the back of the truck (thank god) but thanks for all the usefull advice it is now on my allotment waiting to be glazed ;D ;D oh happy days
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 14:23:08 »
I need to know someone with a truck that big!
 ;D

Tohellwithweeds

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 16:32:16 »
if you lived nearer we wudda helped you but alas derby is to far or so hubby says
Link To My Pictures
http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii229/ToHellWithWeeds/?mediafilter=images

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 19:37:55 »
I need to know someone with a truck that big!
 ;D
I didn't need a big truck. Last year I got the offer of a free greenhouse. Took all the glass out and transported it to my lottie in my car. As for the frame...... my brother-in-law and I carried it 2 miles all the way from its old home to my lottie. Walking along the road with the flow of traffic we got some funny looks, some smiles and laughs and some carhorn tooting. Then got another 2 allotmenteers to help lift it over the fence. Only took 40 minutes to move the frame from A to B. ( Thought our arms were gonna fall off when we finished.)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 11:44:08 »
I put a Wanted Ad in my local co-op, got given 3 greenhouses! All 8' x 6' but free! had one for myself, gave the other 2 away to other allotment holders. Just took out the glass, tied wooden battens across the base, moved them on two Sack Barrows, only about a mile, we did get a few strange looks on a sunday morning, though! rgds, tony
You couldn't make it up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal