70 (71.4%)
Might do if that rubbish logo wasn't on it
6 (6.1%)
tempting - but it would have to be cheap
17 (17.3%)
Not today thanks
5 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: T-Shirts, Badges and stuff ....  (Read 16590 times)

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
T-Shirts, Badges and stuff ....
« on: June 30, 2004, 12:03:14 »
A few people have suggested to me selling site merchandise - such as t-shirts, badges, pens, key rings - all the usual bits.

It's not a bad idea (we could even have a competition - t-shirt in the most glamorous location!).

But before I order any to sell, I want to find out if I'd end up with loads of unsold stuff !

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dan

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:T-Shirts, Badges and stuff ....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 12:45:24 »
I think it would be a scream - perhaps you should have a members' competition for the best strap line on the Tshirts - can I state a preference for  poloshirts shape and not in that nasty stretchy cotton that washes out of shape immediately?  Kids sizes would be great too!

eileen

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 12:59:21 »
Sounds like a good idea to me Dan. A great way to advertise the forums too!!

What colour were you thinking of for the T.shirts? Maybe a neutral colour would be best 'cause then we could wear them with anything!!!  :D

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 13:03:00 »
Great idea and if it raises the site some extra cash  then it can only be a good thing!  

Now Eileen, I don't know about neutral colours....if I wear mine on the plot it needs to be mud proof and have built in stinging nettle armour!  ;)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 13:48:26 »
Yea Dan!  I would be proud to wear an A4A t shirt or sweat shirt. A variety of colours and sizes would be good too.  Need a new key ring and pen also, so all you suggest would be great.

Perhaps you could award a T-shirt prize for the Sunflower competition.  Great idea Dan!   ;D busy_lizzie  
live your days not count your years

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 15:35:02 »
Enamel badges are groovy - I could pin one on my stylish allotment baseball cap!
AC
Guardian of around 2,950 sq ft of the planet Earth

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 16:11:59 »
 :D :DHow odd Dan you must be Psychic we were talking about this in Chat the other night hence my remark in Gallery re badges.T-shirts, Sweat shirts whatever yes i'ed certainly buy one.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

pondlife

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 16:35:47 »
I'm a newbie here and I think its a great idea. Could they be sold to associations to sell on and maybe earn funds for the upkeep of the grounds? :)

gilgamesh

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 16:56:04 »
Good idea! Give me something to wear when my "Don't tell my mother I play the ukulele - she still thinks I'm the piano-player at the wh0reh0u5e" one's in the wash....
Sumer is a coming in....

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 18:15:41 »
It is a great idea Dan.  Count me in for a tee shirt ...large and baggy please :-*
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 18:18:33 »
An A4A flower pot that can be kept on allotment so all can see it even when your not there.

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 18:32:09 »
Oh an A4All T-shirt would be great!! We should have a competition for the logo on it!!
 (I am sure one of these bright sparks on here could come up with a great saying!) Chrissy pressies for the bemused family! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 19:36:08 »
I would buy one provided it doesn't cost the earth and the logo/picture/slogan whatever you want to call it is not dreadful! Also a selection of sizes would be great, last company I worked for (mainly male environment) gave us project polo shirts and the only time I got to wear it was as a maternity shirt!
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2004, 19:55:17 »
Heaven on earth - browsing my favourite site AND a bit of retail therapy thrown in ;D  Things can't get much better - oooh but then I'll have to make decisions about colour ) if there's a choice) size (will I be brutally honest with myself) and quantities.  ???

But YES
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Yarwooda

• Not So New ...
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 21:07:47 »
Great Idea Dan,
I could buy loads and give them out as runner up prizes in this years allotment comp.  I have allready informed all the tenants about the site in my last Halton's Healthy Living Project news letter. Have you considered car stickers as well as the other thing mentioned. I too would prefer a decent polo style shirt , I think they look smarter. Can I also suggest that any logo etc is embroydered as screen print looks naff after a few washes.

Thumbs up and can I order 10 for the 16th July.

Only joking

Alan

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 21:28:31 »
I'm going to stick my oar in and say make mine a medium cyclying jersey and you've gotta sale ;D.

Only kidding, but I do agree with Yarwooda about embroidered. As for a car sticker I could put it on my crud guard on my bike, as I don't drive.

If you want embroidered polo's I could have a word with the lady at work that orders our uniforms. See about costs, colours, designs etc. We have polo shirts that come in many sizes.

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

JAL

• Not So New ...
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2004, 22:59:11 »
Hi,

I think it is a great idea but already the idea of getting in enough stock for an assortment of likes and dislikes sounds like a nightmare.  I think it might be a good idea to start with something small i.e., an iron on logo that we could all transfer to our favourite allotment gear - this could even be made as a purchased down loader as you can now buy the appropriate transfer paper from computer shops.

You also need to consider postage and packing and storage of stock!

Hope to be able to purchase my logo soon - good luck.

jal

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2004, 12:57:50 »
Or how about getting in orders and money and then ordering them - that way you won't be left with unsold stock.

No neutral colours please and nothing too pale, otherwise it won't be noticeable! (and it'll get filthy down the plot!) How about using official a4a colours?

And please can they be in proper sizes for us little 'ens, not just XL that they normally do?!
gone to pot :D

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2004, 14:22:17 »
Here's one I did earlier....

Ceri

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2004, 14:58:09 »
A bit more stylised edges on those leaves and Oz will be well happy!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal