70 (71.4%)
Might do if that rubbish logo wasn't on it
6 (6.1%)
tempting - but it would have to be cheap
17 (17.3%)
Not today thanks
5 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Author Topic: T-Shirts, Badges and stuff ....  (Read 16589 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: T-Shirts, Badges and stuff ....
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2005, 23:26:20 »
You've just invited 2,500 potential strangers/friends to your local.... :-\! Let me know how that goes!!!! Lottie  ;D

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2005, 23:34:55 »
I think the logo transfer idea is excellent. Then I can put it on all items in my 'couture de jardin' collection.

Only trouble is, how do you iron on to ermine?
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2005, 23:46:12 »
 ;D ;D

One gets the scullery maid to do it!! ;D ;D

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2005, 00:24:05 »
She'll have to catch the b*gger first!
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

LauraEmmeline

• Not So New ...
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2005, 13:02:10 »
Hi,

I'm new to this site and only come across this thread.  I for one think this site is amazing, I've picked up so much useful information and feel that I have caught 'the bug' for gardening and growing etc.

I think t-shirts etc. is a great way to promote the site and to raise funds. 

Just a thought...why not have a competition to design a logo / picture / phrase to go on the t-shirts etc?  I think it would be a good way of getting everybody involved - and imagine having the logo you designed on all the t-shirts?!

Also, I order all our client gifts at work and could give you the name and address of an extremely good company, who have very competative rates?  They do everything from t-shirts, baseball caps, gloves, pens and key rings to golfing towels and umbrellas!

Laura

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2005, 13:32:47 »
Think this is a great idea Dan - in time for Christmas?

Could really do with a sun visor (like the tennis players) on the lottie, that would be great ;D

Also how about a special carry bag for seeds etc, at present I use an small black m&s square based shopping bag - but it really should be green ;D

Ooo and don't forget labels !!!!!!!!!!!
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2005, 14:14:22 »
There you are Dan, your own little Trading Shed.   I am still very much in favour of at least T shirts, to start with.   :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 15:30:10 »
2717 members when I last posted and now 2766 = 59 more members and things are getting quiet?   38 voters increased to 45 = 7 more in favour of T-shirts, I reckon when the price of the shirts are posted maybe only half will be interested in purchasing if we are lucky. ::)

Will 22 T-shirts be specially processed for a few members by a company looking to make a profit? ??? I somehow doubt it and as for the visors and seed bags they would have to be made in their hundreds surely for any company to get a return? How many of those would there be sold ???

If you are prepared to pay around £15 for a cotton T-shirt it may be a viable proposition but then the order will most likely be reduced even further, hope I’m wrong. :)

jamesthehat

• Not So New ...
  • plough the fields and scatter
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2005, 17:56:05 »
oh yes im up for it to.It would be nice to have that un bleached organic cotton wouldnt it and enamel badges are good and so are mud gaurd stickers and flower pots.

LauraEmmeline

• Not So New ...
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2005, 18:18:58 »
Hi,

The company we use at work allows a minimum order of just 1.  I got some good quality polo shirts made up and they worked out about £5 a shirt - sold for £10-15.......

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2005, 21:56:15 »
E-mail Admin aka Dan at those prices I'm sure he would be interested, but maybe you should have kept the cost price secret ::)

Yellow Petals

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2005, 22:39:39 »
Would be nice to have an A4A design competition to pick a member's design for maybe one item, be it large or small? 

LauraEmmeline

• Not So New ...
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2005, 08:38:51 »
 :o Eeek!  :o Roy you are probably right, but it's for a good cause eh?!

PREMTAL

• Half Acre
  • CULTIVATE THE EARTH TO FEED THE SOUL
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2005, 02:47:15 »
Hi Dan,
             I hope that you are financially secure, because it would seem that the members of this site are for the most part destitute or indifferent to your ideas for raising cash to help fund the site. :(

I thought that when I resurrected your post that it would galvanise the membership into at least casting a vote. :D

Obviously I was way off the mark with that assumption, I find it difficult to believe that this site is populated by people who are on minimum state pension since they have the finance to sign up to the internet. ???

I require to be careful with my finances, but I could certainly throw caution to the wind and buy a T-Shirt with what ever logo is decided upon. ;D

PS:- Would it be remiss of me to ask how many members there are and how many contribute to the running of A4A. ::)

PPS:-  To date 1575 viewings of this post and 69 votes cast how sad is that!!!!! >:(

PREMTAL

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2005, 10:41:48 »
Prem,

I have a wooden spoon in my kitchen its about 3 ft long, I should send it to you ;D

But seriously, I'm all in favour. Dan,  could you do an on-line catalogue at the top of the front page of the site? 

That way hopefully everybody would be made aware of it. :-\
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2005, 12:14:49 »
As Roy has said, the economics of it are tough.

It could cost around £12 per t-shirt to do a run of 50 shirts, all one size.

By the time postage has been taken into account, £15 per t-shirt would just about cover costs.

I am looking into the price of transfers / badges, which may be viable at around £5 per item.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers

Dan

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2005, 13:17:16 »
Premtal. I do find a note of sarcasm in your post!! .I would support the idea of buying a  t/ shirt, I haven't cast a vote, sorry  about that .
Like you I have to spread my income, I am on basic income/pension. However, I keep my head above water and when I eventually found the post re. donations my cheque for £10 was winging its way to Dan. Hope you did the same as per your 17th August post.
Yes it would be nice to wear a t/shirt with a nice big a4a  logo but as Dan says the economics are tough. Maybe the donations idea is a better road to go, I am sure you are not the only one who hopes this site can keep going. I would not assume that because people are connected to the internet they can also  take on other expences..I know that since losing my husband the internet has been a means of enjoyment to me, especially in the winter months.
Best wishes to all from a NOT destitute member. Lorna.
PS flowerlady.. you win my wooden spoon is only 2ft long. ;D ;D

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2005, 13:42:20 »
As Roy has said, the economics of it are tough.

It could cost around £12 per t-shirt to do a run of 50 shirts, all one size.

By the time postage has been taken into account, £15 per t-shirt would just about cover costs.

I am looking into the price of transfers / badges, which may be viable at around £5 per item.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers

Dan

Dan, I can get them cheaper than that for you, I work in marketing and a catalogue which happens to have landed on my desk today sells polo shirts for around £6.50 for 50, or basic t-shirts for around £4.30 for 50, including embroidering a logo onto them. Can give you some contact details of the companies I use?

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2005, 13:52:50 »
Go Daisymay!! ;D

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2005, 18:54:26 »
Would it be worth having a design available for purchase as a graphics file for download. Interested members could take the file to their local printer, or print themselves if they have a colour printer available, and iron on themselves onto their own t-shirt. The costs and time implications to Dan would pretty much be nothing, apart from paypal fees and it would keep costs down for the forum members as well, we could also make sure we all have a t-shirt that fits. A certain amount of trust would be involved that members don't email others free copies of the files. A new design could be issued each year with perhaps a competition to design it.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal