Author Topic: garden shed  (Read 2390 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
garden shed
« on: October 16, 2007, 16:16:29 »
I am planning to buy a very small shed for my allotment.    I have seen one at B & Q for £99.99.  Has anyone bought a shed from them and were they pleased with it.  Any advice welcome.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: garden shed
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 16:26:13 »
hiya, ray said they wobble when you push them so we went elsewhere for our lottie sheds  :)

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 16:45:25 »
Hi ya Manic.  I started a thread recently wooden v metal sheds.  Unfortunately(?) I got the metal one. I got it through ebay - much cheaper.  I paid £80 plus pp (£25) for a 6' x 4'. Flatpack. Came day after ordered. Same item in Argos book was £119 and not delivered.  So I would check out ebay first.
Twinkletoes

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 16:47:09 »
Sorry tomatoada - last message addressed to wrong person  ::) - oops! 
Twinkletoes

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 16:53:27 »
We bought our shed from them a year ago, it is the first shed in my life and it's not one of those which last forever, but it's OK. We picked it either on Boxing day or the day after and they put a reduction on all outer package damaged sheds, so ours worked out at £70 including delivery.
Argos does reduced sheds around Christmass too, I can't remember exactly but I think this metal shed was on offer about £90+£20 delivery (delivery was compulsive) and it was cheaper than ebay ones.

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 17:41:52 »
Before you buy have you tried Freecycle??

I got my metal one from freecycle but had to wait for about a month but well worth it as i got the concrete flags too!!

BB

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 18:17:13 »
We got one of the £99 sheds from B&Q 10 years ago as a wedding gift and it has survived all this time including moving house but remember to visualise the amount of space you'll need and what you need it for before buying it.

You would be hard pushed to get a normal wheelbarrow in, for example, without carrying it sideways and even then it would be difficult, other than that I say go for it!
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

Si D

• Acre
    • North Birmingham CTC
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 20:31:10 »
We got one of the £99 sheds from B&Q 10 years ago as a wedding gift

I knew that I married the wrong person - all that I was allowed was kitchen ware, soft furnishings and 'kin lava lamps.  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal