Produce > Ponds 'n' Stuff

Sick Fantail

(1/4) > >>

Dusty:
Maggie you already know about Terri my fantail but I thought I would put a separate post on here with new developments - unfortunaely not good.  

The lump which you may remember from the picture is white with "orange stripes"   there is now black appearing on the white and it looks as if it is forming a hole.   I have given a little extra biological drops and some salt in the water, as before.  I have also added Stress Coat.  Could not get Relax (I think you said it was called )  - lady in the shop thought it might be bought over the internet but not sure.

Apart from one time, she has been her normal self - still eating and swimming around as usual.

The black seems to have slowed a little - when it first appeared it seemed to increase daily - although I am not talking about a large area - perhaps 1/4" and it looks as if it has been drawn with a fibre tip pen.  

I though perhaps you or someone else on the board might have had experience with this and could suggest some other medication/treatment.

Margaret:
The trouble is,Dusty that I don't believe you have a filter in the tank.This means that you cannot keep mixing different treatments,some react with others.It sounds,if she has developed a hole,that it is an ulcer,and as you say that is not good news.The only thing I can say is that so long as she is eating she is not suffering but if she stops I do not see much more hope for her.

I bought relax in the aquarists down the road from me.I will have a look on their website right now and get back to you.It is meant for Koi,so worth a look round the sites that supply pond stuff for Koi.I have also read of other products that do the same job,if the sad time comes,and I will find that info out too.Sorry there is nothing else I can suggest.I think you have done well to keep her this long.Fish are so hard to treat,but the longer you have them the more attached you get.Believe me,been there done that.

Margaret:
Right,I have looked at more than one site but no joy on the Relax product.I will keep looking,though.If you go to Practical Fishkeeping.co.uk,and on the left hand side under equipment,you will find buyers guides.Pick out disease tretments,and it goes through a long list.Right at the bottom you will find a small section on what is available,2 from a vets and one from a chemists.

I must dash now as time to cook dinner but will get back to you later tonight if I can.

teresa:
Hi Dusty
try this site there is a chart on the left which you can see what cold water fish can get ulcer/fluke attack but have a look
good luck Teresa
FANTAIL
A fish with an egg shaped body with double tail and anal fins
The Fantail lives around 13 years and comes in a range of colours. It is the Western version of the Japanese Ryukin.

http://www.waterlife.co.uk/index.

Margaret:
Dusty,I have looked everywhere but it is as if the stuff does not exist.Perhaps i bought the last bottle! The only hope you have is to go to the site  Watergardeningdirect.com  get their phone number and ask them if they still have any bottles left on the shelf.If not,ask for Jonathan and explain the situation.If anyone can help with your fish he can,he is brilliant.

Do let me know what happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version