Author Topic: Twiggy the mad budgie  (Read 3397 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Twiggy the mad budgie
« on: September 27, 2007, 20:38:24 »
I am sure this budgie I inherited is quite mad.  She went missing tonight while she was out her cage and here was where I found her, inside a vase.   

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Twiggy the mad budgie
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 22:32:48 »
Carol I have heard of a ship in a bottle but a budgie in a vase?? What a great picture, hope she was unharmed.
Lorna

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 11:11:11 »
mad but brilliant  ;D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 14:01:54 »
Oh, Carol.  Was she ok?  She doesn't look too comfortable  :'(  If you hadn't of been there, she wouldn't have been able to get out, given she's got no space to move her wings and the vase is upright?  :(

Our first budgie, Jupie, had his cage door left permanently open because he liked the freedom but after about ten years he had an accident and ended up somewhere he shouldn't have, covered in stuff.  We took him to the vets to be cleaned up but I don't think he ever really got over the shock and died about six months later.  Felt so guilty as I know we should have been more careful, we just took it for granted because he loved his freedom.  Even though they are creatures of habit, they do have terrible mishaps.

Our 'new' budgie (I say new but we've had him a couple of years now, lol) Shosty, doesn't like to come out.  His door is left open should he feel like it but he prefers to stay in.  He is mad as a hatter though and does some really funny things in his cage.  Bit of a thug too as he grabs his lantern and slams it into the top of the cage!!!  I must try to video and put them on here if I can  ;D ;D

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 20:51:14 »
Daft bird!  What was she thinking?!

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 23:55:13 »
Twiggy was OK.  She has done things like this since she was a baby?  she is only 15 mths now.  When Mum had her she used to curl up inside the seed feeders, needless to say there was quite a mess with seed everywhere.  Since she came to me she stopped going into the seed feeders but just likes shiney things.  After this pic was taken and I got her out, she went back and did it again.  She is mad.  Quite a character and I get some fun with her.   She sits with a bell on her head most nights. 

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 00:43:23 »
^^^ Ha ha ha ha, Carol.  She sounds like a nutcase!  It's funny you saying about the bell on the head as my budgies does the same thing.  We're just waiting for him to do his Tommy Cooper impression.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 23:49:46 »
 ;D ;D ;D I put flowers in my vase  ;D ;D ;D

Very funny!!
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

two sheds

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 15:04:30 »
Any more news of Twiggy? Any pictures of her arm wrestling the cat?

ipt8

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 19:29:51 »
i expect she thought it would be a good nestbox. must be lonesome on her own.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal