Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 891050 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #2000 on: March 16, 2009, 19:58:00 »
Lovely day here, too. Collected a car-load of hops from the brewery and unloaded them at the allotment. Dug out some more weeds, put up canes for my sweet peas and planted them out. Spread most of the hops- a car-load doesn't go far! and put some cardboard down for a path. A good day's work. :D

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #2001 on: March 17, 2009, 11:01:00 »
cleared and tidied up the flowers beds yesterday. i'm off to relay the paths with bark chipping running between said flower beds and to tidy the herb bed and sow some seeds, bye off to enjoy another great day.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #2002 on: March 17, 2009, 17:14:30 »
Digging out bindweed, couch grass roots and docks the only weeds left in the bit under black plastic for two years. The docks were at the edge so probably don't count.

Busy Bee

• Quarter Acre
  • Bexhill On Sea East Sussex
« Reply #2003 on: March 17, 2009, 17:59:26 »
Managed to start sorting out a base for my shed. Getting lots of well needed advice from the lovely guys on the site. Can't wait to put it up. :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2004 on: March 17, 2009, 19:26:27 »
Watered would you believe.  :o    ???    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #2005 on: March 17, 2009, 21:07:04 »
I sat in the office as I also did yesterday and fretted at such a glorious day going to waste with me not being out on the lottie.  :'(  Killer levels of frustration building.

Hosta

• Half Acre
« Reply #2006 on: March 18, 2009, 12:54:15 »
Yesterday planted my spuds in tubs  :)

KLCG

• Quarter Acre
  • Godalming Surrey
« Reply #2007 on: March 18, 2009, 14:45:04 »
I planted calabrese, cabbage, beetrrot, cauliflower, and sown carrots, parsnips and peas.  Very productive day today.  I'm very pleased with myself!
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude!

lightyears

• Quarter Acre
    • Holmesphotographic
« Reply #2008 on: March 18, 2009, 15:50:37 »
planted out my onions which i started off in modules.Planted out some lettuces under fleece until it warms up a bit, planted some blackcurrants too. Also very productive.

..oh and test drove my greenhouse sprinkler system. its MAD

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2009 on: March 18, 2009, 16:14:38 »
Got off work early so had time to prick out some peppers, cabbage, coriander and salad leaves.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2010 on: March 18, 2009, 16:14:54 »
My onions in cells are almost ready for out (400+) went round all four greenhouses watering seedlings. Mowed the Lawn. Watered the display wallflowers in tubs along the big greenhouse... did a bit of nantling...  :)

thifasmom

• Hectare
« Reply #2011 on: March 18, 2009, 16:15:23 »
sowed some brussel sprouts and finally got to relay the paths between the flower beds with bark chipping (ran out of time yesterday :-\).

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2012 on: March 18, 2009, 20:09:30 »
Sowed some beetroot a n a bit of watering.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2013 on: March 19, 2009, 15:44:58 »
Treated myself to a whole day down the plot as have finished my assignment..hurrah! ;D ;D ;D

Weeded and covered the potato beds with black plastic to warm the soil for a week or two before planting, weeded the raised beds, cut down the raspberry canes..(at last!) just in time, they are starting to sprout! Did a few repairs to the willow den, the top needed tying in again. Found out mice have been in a box of maincrop potatoes and had a right old munch!! They haven't touched the ones out chitting!? So I've moved them and hung them up where they will hopefully be out of harms way...... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

thifasmom

• Hectare
« Reply #2014 on: March 19, 2009, 15:58:49 »
planted some more spuds in containers and generally finished weeding my raise beds of any weeds that survived the winter (there weren't that much) and also removed a couple spent beetroot plants which didn't grow anything decent to the compost bins.

was planning to get more done but none of the planned work was going to be heavy sweat producing work and it was getting too cold so came in for lunch and called it a day. isn't it funny when its a warm day and i can feel myself getting hungry i mentally tell my stomach to bug**r off and the hunger simply goes away and i blissfully continue gardening for  hours on end (almost resenting any breaks i have to take) but a day like this and there is no way I'm able to ignore my hunger :-\.

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #2015 on: March 19, 2009, 16:10:46 »
Checked for the watering stakes.. OK
Pricked out some lettuce, sowed some more leeks and Spicy salad leaf mix, had a quick natter with DebP..  :)

becky0129

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2016 on: March 19, 2009, 16:51:26 »
planted four rows of potatoes planted two cherry trees two goji berries and a lavender plant

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2017 on: March 19, 2009, 17:48:06 »
nothing on the plot but transplanted 6 burpless cucumbers, 6 hawk butternuts, sowed some saved sunflowers  :)

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #2018 on: March 19, 2009, 18:42:31 »
Just been out and burnt the mountain of branches that had accumulated from having some boundary hedges laid.... some to**er had hidden some "fibre-board" type stuff in the middle... when I realised it wasn't burning I fished it out and watered it. Some sort of "mesh" woven into it... hopefully glassfibre and NOT asbestos... will get the council "hazard" men to have alook at it...
 >:(

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #2019 on: March 19, 2009, 18:53:22 »
Down the lotty for the first  session this year, cleaned up what weeds I had with the mantis,  prepared the ground for my spuds next month and planted several rows of broad beans back for another go tomorrow, :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal