Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 889816 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #1240 on: August 03, 2008, 22:26:04 »
OOPS! Nothing, went to Sandringham and had a nice meal on the way home.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #1241 on: August 04, 2008, 19:34:01 »
Harvested small colly, Derby day cabbage, spuds and carrots on Sunday.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #1242 on: August 06, 2008, 01:35:58 »
Still harvesting off my minnie lottie at home for this year.. harvest a good haul of cherries, spuds, salad greens, carrotts and beets, toms of course, radishes and a couple of cukes. very little mainenance here.. oh boy do I miss the lottie..roll on next year XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #1243 on: August 07, 2008, 02:12:10 »
weeded weeded weeded,my back now killing and nails black,lol wouldnt have it any other way,made bigger(taller)net frame for the brassicas,brought home turnip and courgettes for tea,enjoyed,had soak in bath,well deserved  lol rach x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #1244 on: August 07, 2008, 12:39:33 »
the weeds are shocking on our plots this year, don't know why but I weeded today, planted out late savoys (will they make it) and some late beetroot (will they make it) and the first of the chinese cabbages (well fleeced against flea beetle) then did a big harvest of spuds, caulis, peas and yoo hoo the blueberries are ready, loads - pudding tonight is blueberries with creme fraiche - the only good thing about a wet summer is the blues love it  ;D

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #1245 on: August 09, 2008, 10:12:53 »
Whole week has been at work and today downpours forecast - so went up at the break of dawn (well virtually!) and harvested what was ready.

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #1246 on: August 12, 2008, 03:03:41 »
i built 9 raised beds :)
and weeded lots
lbb

Tyke

• Half Acre
« Reply #1247 on: August 12, 2008, 07:00:33 »
Looked at the rain and shook my head. I need to dig at least 5 beds in order top plant potatoes, kale and brocolli. Had to put it off due to rain for so long.....

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #1248 on: August 12, 2008, 09:07:57 »
errrrrrrrrr.............nothing cos' it's throwing it down over here at Coalville.   I did encourage the cat to go out though.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #1249 on: August 13, 2008, 18:24:23 »
Went up first thing to harvest stuff. Ended up weeding carrots (managed to get 2 rows to germinate ;D), spring onions and raddishes, had a good old pick at the beans,cougettes, lettuce, toms,raddishes etc. ran out of time and had to leave reluctantly. :(
Smile, it confuses people.

ninnyscrops

• Hectare
  • Doing what comes naturally......in West Sussex
« Reply #1250 on: August 13, 2008, 22:26:33 »
Well nothing this evening 'cos 31st Wedding Aniversary  ;D

Over the last two evenings bagged up all the tom plants cos of blight up at the plot :'(

Planted lettuce seedlings in their wake and picked loads of raspberries for daughter (who eats them with meringue and cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and supper) - always a plus side with an allotment  ;D
If I ever get it all right - then that's the time to quit.

Simon05

• Half Acre
« Reply #1251 on: August 13, 2008, 23:00:00 »
I picked a bucket full of peas, a bag full of runner beans, a bag full of tomatoes and 10 cucumbers.  Theres always plenty to do this time of year.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #1252 on: August 17, 2008, 19:17:33 »
Ok, patial because of the weather and partialy because of apathy i made my way to the allotment today for a bit of weeding. I am not 2 dishartened its not as bad as i feared.

Onion seed i brought up to plant 6 weeks ago and left when i had to make a run for it as still ok just a little cramped in there tray so they got planted. THe 2 rows i had managed to plant are massive so i am hoping the 4 days or rain on its way will help these little babys on there way.

Noticed all the greenary on the garlic has died back so i carefully pulled one and its a beauty looks like a big shop bought one. Only 40 more to pull :) will have to wait till it dryer i though they would be safe underground for the next few days.

My cabbage has actualy started to grow there not massive but they are hartening up so i am chuffed and i have one brussel sprout plant left after the poisened watering can incident so that made me smile.

Planted more beetroot as the last lot i planted have done nothing neither has the carrots i planted 6 weeks ago :( oh well thats life!

I managed to completly fill one side of my compost bin and water and cover it up so 3 hours of good work!!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #1253 on: August 17, 2008, 20:15:56 »
Dug up all my tomatoes as tehy have blight. :( That's the first and last time I try outdoor toms!
Picked raspberries and blackberries, courgettes, carrots , a few bits of broccoli and dug some spuds.
Made a half-hearted attempt to get the strimmer goig n as the plot is very overgrown with grass and weeds, but I was already cream-crackered so didn't try too hard!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #1254 on: August 17, 2008, 21:15:19 »
Picked blackcurrants, peas, broad beans, dwarf french, weeded the asparagus bed, watered the toms, took 10 bags of stuff to recycling because all 5 daleks are overflowing - oh and more glob artichokes picked.

Dined in style from lottie produce!

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #1255 on: August 24, 2008, 20:32:16 »
I put up my plastic green house and prayed to the Lotty GODS that it wont have blown away by tomorrow ;D

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #1256 on: August 24, 2008, 22:16:27 »
Trinity - so good that you can actually post on this thread now!

I picked my first sweetcorn-  fantastic! And yet more raspberries.

Garjan

• Acre
« Reply #1257 on: August 25, 2008, 19:24:06 »
Nothing, as my slipped disc did not slip back in place.
The last 16 weeks I have been to the lottie three times and all I could do was lie on a bed and tell dear OH where to plant all the seedlings.  :'(

He is not a gardening man and is too busy to keep up with the weeds. So the weeds took over, then came blight and too much rain. I feel very frustrated.

But today OH went to the lottie and returned with potatoes, leeks, carrots, tomatoes (more then I expected), runner beans and lots of other goodies. And they taste great!
So all in all: frustrated, but proud :)

newbies

• Half Acre
« Reply #1258 on: August 25, 2008, 20:20:06 »
I dug up spuds, harvested tomatoes, and moved compost etc around.

thespade08

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #1259 on: August 25, 2008, 20:34:25 »
Nowt went to pub and got legless for a change  ;D
I came,isaw,I ran

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal