Author Topic: Help Wanted ....  (Read 9242 times)

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Help Wanted ....
« on: September 19, 2007, 14:57:35 »
A volunteer to run the competition each month (as some of you will have noticed sometimes I'm not that organised).

The position will bring glory, respect and a much coveted @allotments4all.co.uk email address!

If anyone is interested, let me know and we'll sort it out.

Cheers

Dan
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 11:55:44 by kenkew »

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Help Wanted ....
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 16:01:16 »
Job description please ??? ??? ???
The Tuscan Beaneater

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 15:33:18 »
Sounds interesting....  ;D
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 20:07:41 »
Does this position come with free seeds or anything?  ;D   ;D  ;D

Lauren  :D
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 22:04:29 »
Well now, I've been giving this some thought.

I quite like viewing pic's submitted on here due to the variety of subjects covered. We are a gardening site but we all have other interests too and it shows in the photo's submitted.
 The topics covered are quite something and it's great to see 'through the eyes of another' how wonderful and new things look when seen for the first time. (Great stuff from many of you, love them, thank you.)
 Via the camera we can go from macro to moon and every photo submitted is unique...how good is that?
 I'd be willing to look after the monthly photo shoot, but...! Only if I could make a change or three to open it up a bit.

Personally I'd prefer 3 catagories.
1:
Anything to do with life. That would include people, animals, insects; etc.

2:
One that didn't include living things....that would be buildings, scenic, water, etc.

3:
I would like to see a changing-by-month catagory with a theme. One month it might be clouds, then chimneys, then reflections, then macro then.....well, you get the gist.

The competition section is well supported so there is certainly a need to expand and Dan does have his hands full so; if someone does help take the strain, I for one would like to see an expansion of the topic.

Oh!...And to keep a level playing field, I'd have to insist that all submissions are 'as taken'...that is, apart from cropping, no photo-software is used. (Not everyone has 'state of the art technology, eh?)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 22:41:31 by kenkew »

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:48:43 »
I for one think Ken's ideas are excellent :)  It will give us all something to think about as winter approaches and we are not able to get out in our lotties/gardens so  much.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 09:50:57 »
I have sent Ken a PM, it looks promising.

Dan

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 15:08:00 »
I'm backing Ken. If he has the time then there are some brilliant ideas there.
I know Dan is very busy and he does a fantastic job with the forum so it is probably a good idea to "delegate" :)
Friendship isn't a big thing.
Its a million little things.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 20:08:36 »
Quite a task running a busy site. Keeping track of what's going on and keeping up-todate with everything isn't easy, that's why I'm prepared to do a bit here and there to help what I reckon is the best gardening/friendship www.site ever, although the real hero's are the contributors themselves. Without the interesting in-put the site couldn't be as popular as it is, and don't we lot cover a heck of a lot of stuff!
 Thanks for the couple of confidence votes to-date. If there is a general feeling that my ideas are a way forward, I'll certainly go ahead with it; but not at the cost of upsetting anyone on here.
 The 'Competition' catagory is somewhat hidden beneath the 'Gallery' catagory so maybe many people out there have yet to discover it, that and this thread relating to possible change. I would prefer more people to see this thread and comment one way or the other before we head off down a path which might not be popular.
 If you read this, please point others in this direction so we get a bit of feed back and opinion.
Thanks. Ken.

Leonnie

• Acre
    • A Country Garden
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 10:40:36 »
I like Ken's ideas ;D and I'd be happy to help if help is still needed in any way :)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 23:47:14 »
It sounds good Ken.  You have my vote.   ;D

scotch-mist

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 01:31:02 »
Ken, Go for it.

Can I make a suggestion without sounding too pushy ?

Can Leonnie be like a deputy assistant ?

In case Ken is on holiday or something. She does seem keen to help !  :)
UNDER PRESSURE (constantly)

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 08:22:31 »
Ken gets my vote also  :) I agree the competition should be made more prominent as i always forget  :(
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 09:02:12 »
Sounds a brilliant idea, Ken - with just one small proviso. Please - (for us 'point and shoot' types) - don't let it get too technical!!!

Good luck! x

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 11:00:34 »
From another"Grandma"...... I couldn't agree more  ;D
Friendship isn't a big thing.
Its a million little things.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 12:25:25 »
....and from this Grandad, ( of 11...!) I am listening to what's being said, 'though I'm not 'there' yet.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 17:33:23 »
One little problem! I take photo's in RAW I'm sure there are some others out there who do as well. RAW is to digital photo's like a negative is to film...it needs developing, sort of, most importantly needs sharpening at the very least from your description of what's allowed that would be excluded as it's altering the image!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 18:56:16 »
KEN, YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT , IT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, NOT TO TECHNICAL THOUGH PLEASE, DON`T FORGET US POINT & SHOOT PEEPS WILL YOU .  GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU TAKE OVER DAN, THE MAN HAS DONE WONDERS & NEEDS TO FREE SOME TIME UP I AM SURE. ALL THE BEST MARY. ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 19:03:57 »
Sounds as if Ken's the best person for the job - and a deputy as well. Excellent idea  :) :) :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 19:04:47 »
Sounds good to me. I agree about not getting too technical, a lot of us just enjoy taking pics but haven't a clue when it gets to the finer points of photography.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal