Author Topic: Clever Robin?  (Read 2391 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Clever Robin?
« on: June 24, 2004, 12:05:07 »
There is a robin that regularly comes into our garden to forage for food. This morning I noticed him feeding off the hanging bird feeder, which he has never done before. Is this normal for robins, or has this one developed a new skill because of where the food supply is?
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

jax

• Not So New ...
  • I love Allotments4All
Re:Clever Robin?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 15:22:36 »
I haven't seen one on ours, but the other day I was working in the borders, and one actually sat in the hole I was digging (evicting excess bluebell bulbs) and pinched the worms.  Once his beak was full he flew off and returned very quickly and sat back in my hole.  It took me ages to do the border

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 21:21:03 »
Hi Jax! They are bright little things aren't they? Aggressive to their own kind may be, but I love them! I haven't seen this one on the feeder again but I keep hoping to!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 21:40:13 »
Have a robin in our yard that likes to ride around on my forklift. Goes after the insects that are attracted to the amber flashing beacon on the back. I'm the only with a roof on my forklift, the others just have grids.

Trail
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 21:42:28 »
Cute! Should I put an amber flashing beacon in my garden?!?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal