Author Topic: Lupins  (Read 1568 times)

wendygro

Lupins
« on: September 16, 2007, 10:48:31 »
Lupins grown from seed earlier this year appear to have a milky white substance on the leaves and they don't look very healthy I don't think it's mildew as we had that on some other plants earlier in the year ???

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Lupins
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 19:51:37 »
Sounds like Lupin aphid and if so the answer is to hand pick the little blighters off the plants.  There is more info here:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profiles0401/lupin_aphid.asp

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

wendygro

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 13:30:49 »
No its not aphids we had that earlier in the year this problem looks as though you have rinsed your plants in water that has got milk in it hasn't got any texture to it just looks whitish!!

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 14:59:40 »
do you live in an area that has hard water?
I've noticed that some of my plants get water marks on them after I've watered them, like the marks I get on my stainless steel sink ::)

wendygro

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 15:26:44 »
 ::)Yes we do live in a hard water area and yes it does look like what you said although the leaves do look a little unhealthy but with the dry weather my husband has been watering them maybe thats the answer they are still flowering thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal