Author Topic: Eeeek! A Mouse...!  (Read 15033 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Re:Eeeek! A Mouse...!
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2004, 11:46:12 »
Hi Plocket, I can't stop reading this, its like an itch you can't scratch, strange because I can't watch horror movies or read horror stories except this one....I'll just keep taking the tablets. ;)
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2004, 11:51:54 »
Poor Val is going to need intensive therapy if she reads that one Trailrat!!!

Isn't it funny how when you've got an itch you've just GOT to scratch it? Do you think that's how Val is with this topic? She doesn't want to know but just can't resist having a look anyway. :P

To save her sanity I think I'll forget about the mouse and the carpet layer and the mice and the electricity cable and the ..................  ;) ;)  ;D

Eileen.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 20:20:25 by eileen »

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2004, 12:00:55 »
I'm still here, reading about carpets and stuff, now where is the not suitable for general reading button............

eileen

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2004, 12:36:09 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2004, 16:17:25 »
No! Eileen you've got to tell us know - gory details and all! Surely Val can close her eyes!!!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2004, 23:38:03 »
We had mice, and probably still do, living in our compost heap on the plot.  Before I planted my pumpkins in it I had it covered with carpet and one bright morning I pulled the carpet back to chuck on a load of kitchen waste, and there he was, sitting up looking at me as if to say, 'what you got in that bag missus?  Anything tasty for my breakfast?'  I often hear rustling in the hedges when I am all alone on the plot weeding and sometimes see something scamper out the corner of my eye....of course, it could be a rat, or water vole from the stream, but then it could be mousey keeping an eye on me.

eileen

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2004, 23:55:18 »
The carpet fitter and the mouse.

OK here goes.

This guy was called out to fit a carpet in an old womans house. She'd had the room cleared and all that was left for him to shift was a tank with some mice in it sitting on the floor. The carpet fitter was scared of mice. The old woman couldn't bend down to pick the tank up so a neighbour was called. He tilted the tank up at one end to get a grip of it and out spilled the mice. The carpet fitter decided to leg it across the room but in the process stood on one of the mice.

The old woman brought the mouse into the surgery (along with the neighbour) and gently unfolded it from a large handkerchief. The poor thing had a broken back and its insides were coming out of its back end. It was still alive. We had to explain to the woman that there was just no way we could cure her pet. She was heartbroken as her Grandson had given her the mice as an eightieth birthday present!!

We found out later that the carpet fitter was still  in the room with the other mice (hiding in a  fitted cupboard.)  The old woman had locked the door to the room (which was also her front door) to bring the injured mouse to us. The poor man was a gibbering wreck when she finally found him and let him out.

Eileen.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 01:09:54 by eileen »

EILEEN.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2004, 23:59:25 »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAH  Oh Eileen.  Sad for the mouse, but the thought of the gibering wreck carpet fitter chap.  Not good to be alughing out loud with the kids asleep in the next room!

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2004, 09:27:24 »
Oh wow! Good story - poor little mouse.

When I was a teenager and still living at home, I had a cat who could catch anything - fish, birds, mice, squirrels etc. She used to come into the bathroom with me, and when I lay in the bath she would sit on the edge with her front paws on my shoulder, and sometimes drink the water (yuck!).

One evening I was getting ready for my bath and the cat scratched at the bathroom door, so as usual I let her in. By this time I was naked and about to climb into my nice hot bath, but I noticed the cat wasn't waiting for me. I turned to see her drop a tiny field mouse onto the floor and it proceeded to leap and run about the room. I yelped, grabbed a towel, and jumped onto the toilet (lid down!), while the cat chased the mouse around the bathroom.

Eventually my dad heard my cries and rushed to my aid. Scenario: naked daughter standing on the loo, cat leaping after lively and very much alive mouse! He left me only to return with a tupperware box so he too leaped around the room trying to catch the mouse. Cat was banished and eventually dad won. He took the mouse down the road to freedom while I soaked in a now tepid bath!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2004, 11:00:42 »
I can't too much mascara, false eyelashes, they stay permanantely open.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2004, 12:48:37 »
You've totally lost me with that reply Val!

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2004, 16:10:35 »
It didn't fit in where it should have done. something about closing my eyes, I don't know forgotten now, but it must have meant something at the time, I think! Eileen and Plocket you did make me laugh, see I'm not the only one.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2004, 16:45:48 »
There's always a good story around!!! At least you can laugh about mice!!!

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2004, 18:10:35 »
Talk about your cringe factor Plocket. Love the stories both of them. Sorry for the mouse though with the carpet fitter. :( Sorry for the carpet fitter, grown man hiding in a cupboard. I presume it was the man hiding in the cupboard not the mice.

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2004, 19:12:56 »
It's a great image - grown man in a cupboard because of mice!!! I wonder whether his mates found out???

lilylover

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2004, 09:25:13 »
Loving this thread  ;D and howling laughing at the man in the cupboard and the grown son legging it.
Backing on to a field we have lots of mice about but things came to a head last winter when one family decided the house was warmer than the shed.
One evening I was busy upstairs (ok I was on the pc  ;) )  and 22 yr old son was lying on the couch watching a film.
Shouts of alarm and thuds erupted from downstairs and then pathetic calls of 'Muuuuuuum!'
Running down I found son in the dining room standing on a chair pointing in to the couch gasping 'mouse!' Apparently it had run along the back of the couch and then under the cushion his head was lying on  ;D
He didn't seem to appreciate me laughing either....

Is it wrong to fancy Lucius Malfoy?

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2004, 10:21:43 »
Oh I love all these mouse stories! Especially when the guys are the ones panicing!!! I've another mouse story but without the cringe factor! More cute factor I think:

I used to work in an old house, converted into an office, in London. Three of us girls worked on the ground floor and one day a mouse ran across the office floor. We didn't mind too much until the numbers increased, and the mice became more bold - running over our feet and desks! Eventually we had to tell the company and they put out traps, but we did insist they were humane ones. Eventually I think 8 mice were caught and one of the girls took them home on the tube in a cage in a paper bag! She released them in her large back garden and I never heard anything more about them.

Sorry it's not a more exciting story, but it's still a mouse story all the same!

Chaz Hunter

• Half Acre
  • Creator of my own little world...
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2004, 13:54:42 »
A few years ago, when I was a carpet fitter, I went to this little old lady's house and all that was left in the room was a tank of ..... ;)

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2004, 14:05:29 »
Nice one Chaz.....

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2004, 18:33:56 »
Way to go Chaz, thats great, ...a few years ago I was a mouse, there was this large hunky carpet fitter........

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal