Author Topic: What do u do when the weather is bad?  (Read 6960 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Re:What do u do when the weather is bad?
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2004, 18:11:24 »
Cross-stitch, another favorite of mine, read, go on the computer, watch another repetition of ground force on Style, never liked it in the first place,, more cross-stitch, anything I can think of except housework...its sooo boring. :-\
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 18:19:16 »
housework comes a very close second on the list of jobs that i hate doing but has to be done, ironing is top of list.I like doing crosstitch  too and work from charts and of course a4a is a defo must  ;) dont need a reason to check on the threads do I ;D

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 18:24:07 »
Yo peeps

Well it has been piddly widdling down here like mental it has,,,, and I have loved it ............ firsty i stoood out in it...arms outstretched and head tilted to the sky... was well nice feeling the raindrops hitting me face plus saves me having a bath now  ;)  then I just stayed by me back door chillin like and watching the rain bouncing of the path... falling onto me veg..dripping of me veg... and pitter pattering on me patio, which is prob the best place to pitter and patter.... was nice seeing me veg sort of heave ONE HUGE MASSIVE SIGH  of relief... cus come on lets face it...... this season has been well odd.... dunno bowt yoooze but we hardly had a drop since March... and now its here I iz gonna enjoy it.... swear that me veg is singing out there.... iz like they iz saying I iz okay wiv the watercan/hose but I cant compete with the skies... huh talk about being unapreciated... babble alert most deffo...

Oz

:-* :-*
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 16:39:36 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 21:02:20 »
yeah the tigers back! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 21:30:07 »
Oz, you've done it for me again - love the idea of the veg breathing a sigh of relief and singing!!  Paints a great picture.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2004, 23:05:26 »
...the same as when the weather is good!  I don't seem to have a minute when there isn't something to do, cooking, cleaning, kids, taxi service, garden, allotment, family, errands, etc, etc....and in between all of that, reading my gardening mags, listening/watching Kerrang on the tv, knitting, oh and worst of all.....exercising!

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2004, 07:45:39 »
Exercising!!!!! ... so how is that different from cooking, cleaning, kids, taxi service, garden, allotment, family, errands, etc, etc....and in between all of that, reading my gardening mags, listening/watching Kerrang on the tv and knitting?

:-\
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 07:46:22 by Bionic Wellies »
Always look on the bright side of life

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2004, 09:37:00 »
When the weather is bad? Pretty much the same as when the weather is good, but not out in the garden - be a mummy!!! And avoid housework - like everyone else it seems. I like the rain though and have been known to stand out in the garden under an umbrella (when it's raining!!!) just for the fun of it.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2004, 13:26:42 »
Just like me Plocket.  When I am down on the plot and it starts to rain, everyone knows what I will say...

'Don't worry, tis just a passing shower.'  I have still been out gardening in pouring rain an hour later.....sometimes it passes quicker than others!  ;D

Well Bionic Wellies, I do try to use all of that as an excuse not to lurch around the lounge copying Rosemary Connely, but if want a size 12 backside I gotta work at it!  :-[

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2004, 13:43:06 »
Recently I've actually been enjoying being in the garden when it's raining (light showers anyway!) When it finally rained again, I was like Oz, arms to the heavens praising nature for finally soaking everything again. (Plants breathing sign of relief - love it!)

I especially like seeing and hearing the rain bounce off courgette and rhubarb leaves. But the best is seeing the patterns it makes on the surface of the pond. little circles, getting bigger!
gone to pot :D

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2004, 16:25:47 »
Oh I love all the different sounds rain can make! I particularly like it when there is heavy rain at night and it is warm enough to keep the windows open. Hearing it bouncing down on our porch roof while I am tucked up in bed is lovely.
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2004, 16:56:09 »
Hi Plocket, yes I like to comfy up when its raining and you haven't got to go out. I don't like wind and rain, I can't see then, not unless someone can invent windscreen wipers for my specs, brollies no good they always turn inside out they make me feel like Mary Poppins.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2004, 17:27:36 »
Hi CL! Absolutely - or a hat that won't blow away - don't believe in Brollies - waste of time. But my hat often threatens to abandon me!!!

Look at your Thistle discussion (last page) and there is some info from William and I think it was Budgiebreeder about putting pictures on the board.

Plocketx

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2004, 18:41:09 »
I enjoy cycling in the rain and I too wear glasses. I have found that by using window wax for cars on the lens, the water doesn't stay on the lens it just beads off. Very useful.

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2004, 19:08:07 »
Hi TrailRat - excellent thought that - I will recommend it to my husband who wears glasses and gets very frustrated when it rains!

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2004, 19:26:33 »
I KNOW I am wandering off the thread but re specs frustration isn't it absolutely the worst thing when you come in out of the cold and they STEAM UP - in shops, doctors any/everywhere  >:(  Ok gripe over return to thread.....
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

SueM

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2004, 23:00:03 »
When the weather is bad I work on a maritime history project which I've been doing for years and have years of work still to do on. At the moment my idea of heaven would be a whole uninterupted week spent in the National Archives in Edinburgh with my laptop, making notes from 17th century manuscripts. As it is I'm lucky if I manage one day a week, and the other heavenly moments are the ones I spend in the garden, which is looking pretty good now the wind has stopped blowing everything over.

Sue

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2004, 09:36:53 »
My OH hates it when he opens the dishwasher up and the steam fogs his glasses! Still, it means I have to do it!!!

Good luck with your Project SueM. Sounds like a labour of love!

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2004, 10:50:53 »
You could try RainX for your specs -should get it from a motor store. If you're worried about them misting up, you could always do what we divers do with our masks and spit on them  :o or you could get one of those poncy anti-misting preperations from the dive shop  ;D

Jeremy

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2004, 10:56:20 »
Daren't spit on them Jezza, the kids will think I'm trying to be cool. What is it with teenagers spitting everywhere, I'd lose me teeth.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal