Author Topic: What do u do when the weather is bad?  (Read 6964 times)

flowerbaby_uk

What do u do when the weather is bad?
« on: June 20, 2004, 15:36:43 »
weather is really yuk here at the mo so can't go outside. I have just been amusing myself attempting to do sit ups etc,running up and down stairs till my legs screamed at me to stop ;D has music on dancing round the room like a mad devil my son thinks ive lost the plot ::) but am bored and thought right lets get myself fit. I am due to do a run next month for charity and I can assure everyone i will defo finish last  ;D oh and yeah forgot to add aint bullworkers damm hard to use :o I think i will stick to lugging plants and bags of compost at work  so come on peeps tell me what mad stuff you  do when you are bored and  I hope im not the only crazy peep trying to get thin ;)

Ann-Marie

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
Re:What do u do when the weather is bad?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 15:43:49 »
well only weighing in at 9 stone no need or chance for getting thinner. As for boredom buster, i usually start to tinker with something technical or start a carpentry project or pick a book i've read and read it again.
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 18:25:53 »
       DRINK
               SMOKE
                         AND
                                PUT SILLY REPLIES ON A4A !!!

;D ;D  ;D
Happy gardening, Robin x

jethro

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 18:32:37 »
Same as Ragged Robin on the first two,  ;D but what i usually do is wind the wife up then run like h*ll  ;D ;D ;D, if she's not in then just read books on anything that takes my interest at the time, or if i can get in the garage devise something that usually blows up  :-\ and takes my hair with it  ;D ;D .

Peter

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 18:34:57 »
up date on the exercises no pain no gain well thats what I say to myself ;)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 18:37:34 »
List of things to do (in order of priority)

1. Greenhouse work

2. Go on A4All

3. Go on A4All

4 Go on A4All

5. Read Magazines I dont otherwise get time to do or read a book

6. Catch up on all the jobs that i usualy put off because I am too busy on the other 5!  ;D  

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 21:48:54 »
Think of all the jobs I could be catching up on, plan to do them then wander thru to p.c., go on-line (maybe A4A) and music and forget the rest.
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 06:41:01 »
it depends really, if i really can't bear it i go and sit in my shed and watch the plants in the rain while reading a book and listening to the radio.

most of the time though i try and do more work so i can do more gardening when its nice out!

i mess about on the internet, or go swimming, or read or bake...

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 09:25:33 »
Light rain doesn't stop me (I've even been known to garden in the hail!) But if it's heavy I can be found in the shed either tidying up, pricking out of sowing seeds. If I don't have any of that to do (or more likely I've run out of compost or pots!), I'll be sorting out all the interesting articles I ripped out of mum's old gardening mags. Or (rarely) doing housework. But most likely sulking because I can't go out and play! ;)
gone to pot :D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 11:18:05 »
Gardening in Hail? thats NOTHING aqui. I was out working in SNOW one day last winter. Only light stuff mind you  ;D

I regret sometimes not having somewhere in the garden to sit and be dry while it s raining. No shed/summerhouse/gazebo or even greenhouse (yet) in this garden. Still could alwats get a brolly and sit on the bench i suppose  :-\

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 11:22:25 »
Richard - :P We don't get snow here.  :P  ;D
gone to pot :D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 11:30:55 »
Richard - :P We don't get snow here.  :P  ;D

;D  ;D ;D   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  Aqui

Neither do we much as a rule but just happened to get a light shower of it on this particular day  ::)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2004, 11:42:36 »
Well, i am supposed to do the housework, cos I say I am saving it till it rains, but am usually too bored to do it! I annoy Mr Pinks by wandering around the pigsty saying, i'mmmmmmm soooooooo boooooooooored, then I ring my sister and say the same, then I nag the kids to tidy their rooms, then I come on this site, or I'll bake summit creative for dinner, and get fatter! The housework just never seems to get done! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2004, 12:33:47 »
Depends if the children are with me. If they are then I might do baking or cooking which they love to help with or watch Disney movies with them, I love the Disney/Pixar movies and having children is the perfect excuse to watch them  ;D. If the children are at school/nursery then I either catch up on work (I work from home so there is always something waiting to be done) or I make hand-made soap which is very enjoyable and creative :D but something that cannot be done with children around. Housework, it does get done but very quickly and as rarely as possible  :P.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 16:12:54 »
New thread on Hand made soap please .Dont think it should go under recipes should it? Or even on our Sister site Recipes4all.Thought that i had tried most everything but not that .
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Steven

• Quarter Acre
  • Heaven or hell..?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 21:25:25 »
If its tipping it down,i normally have a wander over the internet,read,watch a DVD,play with my dog,clean the house (grumble grumble).

Being in East Anglia,the worst of the weather normally misses us so we get sun sun sun! ;D ;D ;D
Talk to the elbow-its got a point

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 09:36:40 »
Put on a video ....get on me bike (the exercise type :D ;D ;)) and go for a nice long ride......make knitted toys......... like Bubble, play with the dogs.....occasional housework :-\....oh, and of course A4A :D :D ;D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 16:56:29 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nice one Pat

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2004, 17:01:04 »
Don't know about making soap....but when raining I do the normal....greenhouse, drink, smoke, oh, and sometimes I try to do some work (urgh!!!!) - the emphasis being on TRY!!
CLx

ken (69)

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2004, 17:43:36 »
Hi Flower.......when I can't get outside on the bike, or gardening, I fiddle with computers.Have 4 at present in various stages of  dis-assembly.Buy them £50 and try to make them go faster.Don't really know what I'm doing but a cheap hobby...Jigsaws too.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal