Author Topic: A 'hare' raising situation  (Read 2499 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
A 'hare' raising situation
« on: June 14, 2004, 12:59:43 »
There I was, on my hands and knees, when suddenly, from nowhere, a huge hare sprints clean through my hands!  Really made me jump.  He was so big, that is the closest I have ever been and I didn't realise how tall they stand, and they have the biggest ears.  He/she didn't hang around, I am glad to say, shot off through the hedges into the farm next door.  When I left the allotment I noticed the national trust are up strimming areas on the common so maybe they drove him out of his hidey hole.  Anyhow, as wonderful as he looked, hope he doesn't come back and make a meal of my greens!  :-\

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
Re:A 'hare' raising situation
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 13:10:04 »
Pity that you were'nt a bit sharper EJ then you could have made a meal out of him.Tasty are Hares :P :D :D
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 13:10:52 »
That's got to be a 1 in a million! Better go and buy yourself a lottery ticket!  :D
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 16:30:58 »
Bet you're heart almost stopped when that happened EJ.
Hares lie stock still until the last possible moment and then erupt into full flight. How do I know? Once had one that did just that right under my feet. Ended up on my rear end with the fright I got.  :-[  Did my ever-loving family help me up - no way - they were all doubled up laughing at me!!! :(

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 23:58:40 »
It did make me jump, didn't see it until it was right there between my hands, and I didn't hear it at all!  I was suprised at how tall it stood, and what lovely big ears it had.  It was quick too!  The ever helpful chaps on the site moaned at me, tongue in cheek, as I was leaving saying I should have grabbed it, done us all a favour, and we could have had jugged hare for tea!  The bloody thing was like a small dog!  Catch it, if I had grabbed it I think it would have dragged me into the field next door kicking and screaming!!  ;D ;D ;D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2004, 09:43:34 »
Wow! You really are in the country, aren't you. Just you keep Ava away from the bunny (yes - I know it's a hare, but I'm trying to be cute!)
gone to pot :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal