Author Topic: Feeling fed up.  (Read 3870 times)

goldendaisy123

• Quarter Acre
Feeling fed up.
« on: June 22, 2007, 21:59:24 »
I lost my ageing cat misty today. She was 16 and we had to put her to sleep as she had advanced lymphoma cancer and a abcess on the lymphona so she couldn't eat and was in pain.  :'(
It's never easy making that decision is it, but I couldn't bare to let her suffer anymore.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: Feeling fed up.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 22:02:17 »
Oh, I'm so so sorry.  You must be feeling bereft.  I hope you have lots of photos and memories, 16 years is a long time together.  :( :( :(
The Tuscan Beaneater

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 22:06:43 »
That is a very difficult thing to do, perhaps the hardest thing a pet owner has to face but you did well, I think we owe it to our pets to put their needs before our own at such a time so well done, you were very brave.

You will be sad for yourself of course but you have put yourself on hold and you have come through for Misty, no animal can get better treatment then that,

She was very lucky to have such a caring owner and for so long too.

She knew that.

God Bless Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 22:09:24 »
How very sad - you could not have let her suffer

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 22:27:09 »
It was very brave of you to do the right thing. No one can ever take the wonderful memories of the last 16 years away from you.

cj :)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 23:58:39 »
Had to do exactly the same with our Rosie last summer when she her liver cancer got too bad.  It's a really hard thing to do but you know it was the only & right thing to do.  Often think about how peacefully she went in my arms, particuarly when I hear about the suffering some humans have to go through in their final days - doesn't seem right to me.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 01:06:20 »
I think we know when the time is right Goldendaisy. If the quality of life is no longer there, then why prolong the agony. That said, I'm so sorry for you. You will miss her greatly I'm sure.
Smile, it confuses people.

goldendaisy123

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 18:12:26 »
Thank you everyone for all your support. I miss her but I know she is happy and peaceful somewhere out there.
 It's the little things that you miss - the little cry in the morning wondering where her breakfast is or her little face peering through the gate waiting for me to return from work.
I would put a picture up of her but not quite sure how to! ::)
Could someone advise?

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 08:39:11 »
I could put it up for you... email it to me at ejgardiner@hotmail.com

Sorry to hear about your cat.  16 years is a long time¬

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 13:02:27 »
Here is Misty!

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 13:06:43 »
What a beauty

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 13:22:44 »
What a lovely cat, such intense eyes. I still mourn my cat Alf who I had to have put to sleep when he caught Feline Leukaemia. I was pregnant at the time with my eldest (now 14!), and my family were worried because I was so upset that it would affect my pregnancy..............well it didn't, but she does love cats!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 13:27:49 »
Beautiful Puss.
Smile, it confuses people.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 20:27:51 »
What a beautiful cat - you must miss her loads.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 21:31:44 »
What a lovely cat.  You must look at her picture and remember the happy times.
The Tuscan Beaneater

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 21:16:04 »
Aw so sorry goldendaisy. You did the right thing. It hurts so much doesn't it.  :'(

Misty was a beauty and what a gorgeous picture to treasure.

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 23:20:04 »
I'm so sorry Goldendaisy about the loss of your cat - such a difficult decision to make but you had no other choice.....read all messages down to the picture with sadness then............ the  :'(   :'(    :'(   flowed!

she was soooo beautiful - you must have some lovely memories of times with her - gentle hug for you!

H.P.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 00:48:44 »
A really smashing picture, truly, it is a lovely picture.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

broad beannie

• Not So New ...
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 10:44:13 »
So sorry to hear your sad news. She was a beautiful cat. I too lost a cat two years ago. She was only 12 but had got stuck in a fox trap. She was still alive when we found her but covered in maggots. Rushed her to the vets 9 0'clock on a Sunday night but she died 4 pm the next day. As you can imagine I was hysterical. Left it a few weeks and bought two kittens and one of them is due to give birth any day now !! Will keep you all posted.

Take care, it does get easier

BB xxx
Live for today

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 11:25:44 »
sorry to hear your very sad news, goldendaisy. my mum and I have lost three cats over the years: Sam in 1985, Arthur in 1993 and Harvey just a couple of months ago. thankfully Arthur and Harvey to old age not ill health, but Sam had to be put to sleep and died in my arms and he was only 7 :(

it breaks your heart but take comfort from knowing that you did the right thing and that Misty didn't suffer unnecessarily. she was a beautiful mog – I love the little mark on her chin, makes her look likes she was pouting :-*

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal