Author Topic: Our lotties are shot this year I think.I am so sad now  (Read 9532 times)

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Our lotties are shot this year I think.I am so sad now
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2007, 23:34:16 »
No doubt you will also have lost years of work that it will be difficult if not impossible to replace. That's very hard.

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2007, 19:06:37 »
I am so, so sorry to hear about your lotties.  This is my first year of growing veg and you have given me some great advice (either directly, or by reading other threads). 

I came on tonight to ask for help on some of my veg that have gone to pot due to the rain (I live in Brittany, we don't have the floods but it never stops raining).

It must be really difficult to deal with, especially when it's your passion.  I do hope that you and John manage to salvage something.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2007, 19:45:03 »
Even South Lincs is damp-I know this because they have stopped watering the spud fields.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2007, 21:04:06 »
spooky the end of doctor who was very Flash Gordon!!

calamityjayneuk

• Half Acre
  • Stanley, Co Durham
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2007, 21:43:20 »
Hi all

I've just popped online after a hectic week and spotted this thread. So sorry to hear  the bad news, all that hard work wasted.  :( It must be so disheartening.

I always think though that bad news always brings something positive to light too, so you just have to focus on the good things. The way everyone pulls together in a crisis is always so encouraging, bringing the community together and helping each other.

I will be glad to raid my seed box for anyone who needs some, perhaps there are things that can still be grown late in the season when you can get back onto your lotties.

hugs to all

Jayne
When I'm not working, I'm diggin' or craftin'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal