Author Topic: NSALG - value for money?  (Read 913 times)

theelderflower

• Not So New ...
NSALG - value for money?
« on: June 03, 2007, 18:48:37 »
Very new to the world of allotments. So new that I don't even have one yet, but planning to when we move to East London (not sure where exactly yet!) in a few months. The idea of growing our own, fresh, pesticide-free produce is very appealing indeed.

Getting back to the point of my thread... are many people here members of the NSALG? I am just wondering what the benefits are or whether most information is available online anyway.

I cannot see much information on their site, but there is mention of an insurance scheme. Is this worthwhile? If not, then I may just subscribe to their magazine.

Thanks for your help

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: NSALG - value for money?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 19:31:36 »
we get half price seeds from kings, that makes it worth it for us..our allotment association is part of it but, even before, we were members  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 19:43:21 »
I just got a shock and am not very happy about it, maybe I have read it wrong.

I went on the site with a view to buying a membership,which is the same form an allotment association would use, and on the form it says that an association that joins has to submit ALL the names and addresses of it's members. It states they will not be passed on to a 3rd party, but I am quite uncomfortable with the knowledge that my allotment association will have submitted my full name and address to them, or anyone  for that matter,and I was not made aware of this.

How can the NSALG insist on my address,surely any organisation  has to have the permission  of it's members to be included on any list. I find this most disturbing.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 21:21:29 »
I think I'm a member through our association.  We also get Kings seeds ... I'd already got mine from the .25p Wyevale sale so didn't order any, but they looked good value.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal