Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 3110 times)

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
Hi all!
« on: June 03, 2007, 13:39:35 »
Hi there - we found your site earlier today, and the gruesome one has been addicted since. We are down in Probus, Cornwall, and have an allotment, along with 2 greenhouses, in which we try and grow as much as possible, just for home use. He is the greenfingered one, whereas I do all the preserving - makes for a good team!! any way - hi to all, and look forward to hearing from you  :) ;) :)
Insanity takes it's toll....................please have the correct change.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 14:08:34 »
welcome to the site gruesome, got any pics of your plot ?  Your season will be a lot more advanced compared to mine, what are you harvesting currently ?

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 17:05:31 »
hiya, gruesome, welcme to the site..we know cornwall quite well, been coming down for 35 years..glad to meet you  :)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 17:11:36 »
Hiya gruesome & welcome to the mad house - you'll be addicted before long like the rest of us  ;D

Look forward to seeing some pix of your plot if you're able to post some, i must get around to sorting that out myself actually, i keep asking everyone else to post their pics!  :-[

Happy growing & nice to meet you too x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 18:11:00 »
Hi Gruesome welcome to the the asylum, hope the weathers as hot as it is here in sunny  8) 8)  Enfield.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

theelderflower

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 18:33:32 »
Hi there - we found your site earlier today, and the gruesome one has been addicted since. We are down in Probus, Cornwall, and have an allotment, along with 2 greenhouses, in which we try and grow as much as possible, just for home use. He is the greenfingered one, whereas I do all the preserving - makes for a good team!! any way - hi to all, and look forward to hearing from you  :) ;) :)

Hi gruesome and everybody. I am new too. Hoping to move away from SW London soon to somewhere a little less expensive, but also yearning for our own allotment! We'll be keeping a very close eye on the forum.

I remember when my parents had a greenhouse and I used to love helping out.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 18:37:02 »
Welcome  to the family from me too ,you will find lots of good stuff  a lot of laughs . XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 21:33:13 »
thanks for the welcome ! it sure isn't much like gardening weather right now tis cold n damp, but all my water butts /baths n tubs are full to overflowing. We have no mains water supply on the allotment so have to catch all we can from run-off from roofs hence the 2 greenhouses and 3 sheds. Our plot is approx 30m x 10m and costs £10 per year. As it seems with most allotments there is a considerable waiting list but i have been promised another plot for next year. At the moment i'm only harvesting new potato's some lettuce and of course the everready rhubarb.  regards to all Mark n Helen

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 21:35:55 »
Hello and welcome. Tis very nice and friendly here, almost as addictive as the plot!  ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 23:54:01 »
I used to live in Foxhole, and passed through Probus regularly on my way to Truro.

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 10:00:55 »
Hi from us too!...
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

Sajaself

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 10:03:26 »
Hiya and welcome to the most addictive site ever ;)

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 14:45:56 »
hi robert! we have our own by-pass now ;D

Astrogirl72

• Not So New ...
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 15:10:40 »
Hi Gruesome,

I'm new to the site too, it's fun isn't it!

Astro

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 21:10:48 »
how am i ever gonna find time to do any gardening astro? ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 22:04:13 »
It's been a while since I was out your way, and I suspect the bypass is recent. Last time I went through on the bus I was being quizzed by some kids about what was in my bee boxes, and I was worrying about being chucked off!

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2007, 22:19:19 »
Welcome from me too - beautiful part of the world Cornwall but many year since I visited.

SueSteve

• Acre
  • 08/07/07
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2007, 22:20:59 »
Welcome from me too.
We were in Cornwall for the week last week! At Pentewan, near Mevagissey.
A4A is great, I hope you enjoy it.
Sue
Sue
Lottie at Upton St Leonards, Gloucester
Lottie owner since 11th April 2007.
Still in the plot   36 Leeks, 1x rows parsnips, 2x  rows chard, psb, broccoli, 5 rows garlic, 1 row swede, lots of onions - started in rows, but the birds had them and now they are random!!

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2007, 18:05:46 »
thanks all yes Cornwall is special. Probably why all of Gods little pests decide to holiday down here. Also diseases, our allotments have been around for almost 100 years and most veggie diseases known to man seem to thrive here. So excuse me for not being 100% green. I sometimes slip into chemical mode to help with club root, potato blight and the like.
And as for Bee's we don't get along i come out in hives!!! sorry poor joke :D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2007, 18:23:46 »
It's ok being strictly organic if you are living in a bubble. For most of us it's too late to turn the clock back and repair all of the damage that has been done to natural environment. For myself , I just strive to do everything as natural as possible. When that fails and I see my crops going to pot then I resort to chemicals. It would be a perfect world if we could just leave nature to get on with the job. Welcome to the site. I am sure that you will learn lots. There are a lot of really competent gardeners on here who are willing to help you with any problems you may have and then there are those that belong in an assylum like CorneyKev. The rest of us are quite alright. lol
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal