Author Topic: greenhouse  (Read 813 times)

debster

• Hectare
greenhouse
« on: May 23, 2007, 13:30:11 »
Hi folks I am looking into getting a greenhouse, any suggestions for a reasonably priced one and what size should I be considering for a garden? What options are available for glazing and what is best, what equipment would i need inside it benches etc. any advice gratefully received  :)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 14:45:33 »
Hi folks I am looking into getting a greenhouse, any suggestions for a reasonably priced one and what size should I be considering for a garden?

Always get the biggest you can fit into the given area as all to often the tale is...............I wished I had got a bigger one!!

What options are available for glazing and what is best,

Glass every time I wouldn't dream of using polycarbonate it goes brittle opaque and is expensive to replace

what equipment would i need inside it benches etc.

This is all dependant on what you want to grow in it.

Most often you will find that benches are only required during the propagation period in early spring then you grow things such as tomatoes in summer. 

So your benches must be removable e.g 'pasting tables or something similar but more robust!

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 15:33:09 »
ok anyone recommend any good companies to purchase from please

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 15:49:33 »
I'm biased I like Alton I have had four (currently two) in my gardening lifetime

deboydoyd

• Half Acre
  • Bit of digging - it'll be fine
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 18:03:49 »
Hi, bought a couple of greenhouses in the last 2 years,one from ad trader and one from ebay (both 8x6) £25/£70 (with staging). It's a bit of a faff collecting and re-erecting but for the price you can't go wrong really. Have looked into new ones but they appear very expensive to what you can pick up second hand. Whatever size you have you always seem to fill it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal