Author Topic: seeds needed  (Read 3238 times)

Chris Graham

• Hectare
  • Stirling, Scotland
    • Backyard
Re: seeds needed
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 08:37:21 »
I have Radish seed from Unwins if you need them?

Dont like radish  >:(   ;)

Astronomy, Veggies & Beer

wavy

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 12:58:35 »
Why dont you try and grow the largest pumpkin.
I would imagine this would be great fun especially at halloween

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 13:06:30 »
ooh, I've got lots of seeds I can spare – please PM me your address and I'll put a little parcel together for you!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 19:10:18 »
I am planning a big pumpkin in the one raised bed if we can get it cleared in time XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 21:31:54 »
sent you a surprise package yesterday..hope they come in useful  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 21:46:33 »
MANICSCOUSERS  I have just opened them they were here when I got home and was not well, John refused to give me the mail till I had sat down for a bit...swine. I have opened them but will seal them back up so the kids can open them again. Such a lot and a lovely card too. Thank you so much, you will get something back from us even if it is a handmade garden card from the kids. You have been super generous. Thanks Marilyn.. XXXX Jeannine

MARKFIELD ROVER. Your parcel was here too and agin full of goodies, it is hard to say enough thankyous with folks who are so generious,again the kids will have something for you I am sure, they are so excitited, they worked so hard on Friday to get junk out of the area. Thank you again XX Jeannine

THE PERSON WHO SENT SEEDS IN LOVELY LITTLE BROWN PACKAGES, you didn't put a name on so I don't know who to say thank you too, I was overwhelmed by the amount of seeds you sent, there seems to be a little bit of everything here.Please let me know who you are so the kids can send something to you.Thank you so very much,I am so truly touched by everyones generosity. XX Jeannine

GROWING CHILIES. Your seeds arrived too los more than I expected, thank you again, the kids are going to have a lot of fun sprouting these. Thank you again, XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 21:50:26 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

gordonsveg

• Acre
  • 68 years old ,
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 07:08:19 »
 ;D ;D 8)
 Hi Jannine,
  Think your doing a great job, best of luck with it all .

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 11:16:09 »
Jeaninne - have packaged up seeds for you so will hopefully get them sent out tomorrow or soon after.  Mainly salad type stuff - pick and eat, cos I thought the children might like grazing  :)  Plus some beans for the pots. 

Would love to see some pictures when it all gets underway (minus the children of course!).

Best of luck - it's a great project.

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2007, 16:10:44 »
Hi Jeannine,
Is there any gaps you need filling or anything in particular you are after for the kids garden?  I have some spares that I will happily send to you.  I think projects like this are great and deserve every bit of support!
 :)
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2007, 16:21:22 »
Hi Jeannine!

Unfortunately I don't have any spare seeds or seedlings because I'm doing SORT of the same thing @ Alfie's nursery school.

We've got 6 raised beds and I've been running sessions with the kids planting all-sorts. They LOVE IT  ;D

What they're most interested in is the herb garden. They love rubbing the leaves between their fingers and smelling them - and of course the strawberry bed is a MAIN attraction!

All my hopes of growing 'straight lines' of potatoes etc. have gone by the wayside. The kids just take their trowels and plant where they like!

It's lovely to watch and they tend to remember what they've planted where and look after their little seedlings of peas and sweetcorn in the classrooms.

Of course Alfie takes over and gives them all his 'expert horticultural advice' but the teachers have learned to keep him in the classroom when I'm doing the planting sessions  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 17:45:54 »
Hi gain, Trixie I am pleased that you are doing the same thing nad you sound as though you have much more space than me, we have two large paved areas now with small raised beds in but most of ours will be in pots.   wWe havwe alao has made several raised beds made for the playground areas which are almost finished so the kids will  be doing those to..

Sally I have some stuff on the way still but I think flowers may be the weak area, we have had  some  very nice ones sent  but  more variety would be great  especially perennials,and I personally don't have them to  top up  from my own stuff as I do the veggies as I grow very few flowers. We don't need lots just a few seeds of different ones would be super. However we are very grateful for everything we have been given, the kids were opening stuff today and learning about them, Would you believe I had two kids today who didn't know what a cucumber looked like, their only experience of it was in the new school salad bar  when it is sliced

Trixie. it may be a but late for this year but next year I can probably help you out a bit if you would like some very different toms, I could put a packet of all  different colours  and shapes together for you from my collecttion if you would like them. I can send them this year. We have planted tom seeds today some  funny colours and some basic  very nice regular ones  courtesy of A4A folks.   Kids just don't believe that tomatoes can be white or yellow and the coloured carrotts have made them laugh too.

Thank you all again XX Jeannine

SteveJ

• Half Acre
  • Perth, Scotland
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 20:01:02 »
Jeannine,
Sorry Have not yet made it to the post office to send you the wildflower seeds.

Little uns have come down with chickenpox, which is slowing me down a bit.

Hope to do it by the w/e.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 22:00:47 »
No probs Steve, keep dabbing that calamine on the littlies XX Jeannine

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 09:52:51 »
morning Jeannine
Flowers, found some including wall flowers if you want to teach them patience and marigolds for keeping bugs at bay
also seed saving  and cutting flowers so they can give their teacher a big bunch end of term. Also good to draw .

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 10:55:55 »
sorry for the delay in posting, wet weather forced us to do some more decorating over the BH weekend >:(, so everything is upside down and covered in dust ::)
will get a parcel out to you before the end of the week, with plenty of flower seeds for you to try ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 12:54:51 »
Hi everyone, I am at work with some very special little gardeners who want to say thankyou.

thank you from sending the seeds  i never seen aubergine bofor from ben 10

thank you for all these lovely things they will be very useful to us all my favorote vegitables was the cucumber and the tomatoes from ellie 10

thank for the redflaws   and i nevr seen a  cucumberbivoor shinead 7

thank you for allthe colour full flowers from toni 11 thanks for the Californian poppys

Thank you again, we will have some more little gardeners later XX Jeannine

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 12:59:27 »

i nevr seen a  cucumberbivoor shinead 7

I've seen herbivores but never seen a cucumberbivore  ;D.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 13:11:14 »
They have just gone back to class, it was their own words  bless,em ,they are quite astounded at the varieties XX Jeannine

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal