Author Topic: what are you pot planters going for?  (Read 3497 times)

Blue Bird

• Hectare
Re: what are you pot planters going for?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 19:39:54 »
Always used old tyers for all my veggies before I had plot

managed all the usual best for potatoes and went as high as 6  tall!!!!

rhubarb also worked well  ;D

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 15:57:44 »
in pots for us this year

squashes (did really well last year)
tomatoes
cucumber
chillies

auberigines in growbag.

last year i did leeks successfully in pots and i currently have some garlic in a pot. the brassicas didn't like it so i won't do those again and the courgettes i think will do better in the ground, but i may run out of room and have to do them in pots

Vegemite

• Quarter Acre
  • Just got my first plot!
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 21:15:59 »
i ran out of pots and was spending three quid a go just to get the plastic terracotta coloured ones- with the mother in laws tomatoes on the way this weekend i was in crisis and spending a fortune. so i put a "wanted" on freecycle and ended up with an estate car bootful of terracota and plastic terracotta coloured pots- at least fifteen big pots, and about fifteen small and two long trench type ones!

dh is shaking in his boots now as they are taking over the garden and it is beginning to look like his mum's garden. (his idea of a garden is decking, and a bark-chip playground for the ankle biter to have her slide etc on!!)

still, I was able to seperate the lettuce seedlings and put them each in one smallish pot with growbag soil in it (no compost here as only just moved in), and have planted more herbs, as well as a few radish, and more rocket.. plenty of big pots for the tomatoes and cucumber and squash left.

I am becoming a bit obsessed i think. my daughter is fully in the "terrible twos" so although i feel like a parenting disaster the gardening is giving me something positive to achieve- and is very relaxing!
Allotment Virgin!
Thirty-something Mum of one just taken on an allotment needing lots of work after a twelve month wait. Let the fun begin!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal