Author Topic: A Call for Local Allotment Histories  (Read 2508 times)

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
A Call for Local Allotment Histories
« on: March 27, 2007, 09:10:13 »
I have added a section to the A4A wiki on the History of Allotments. Apart from references to the national picture, I have included a section on local allotment histories, principally containing links to a number that I located on the Internet.

More local histories would help to give us a greater understanding of the allotment movement and its social context.

Why not consider writing a history of your site? The majority of sites usually have at least one or two individuals who are interested in history. It can make for a useful and interesting winter project when there is not much to do on the plot.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: A Call for Local Allotment Histories
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 21:46:23 »
I've got a copy of a brief history of my site, but I'd have to scan it in if it was going on the Net. There's not the time right now, but I've had it in the back of my mind for ages.

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 07:22:05 »
Go for it Robert when you have some time .. and dont forget to add your link to those in the a4a wiki.

I forgot to say that if anybody knows of any existing histories that could be added to those that are currently mentioned then either add them yourself or, if you are not comfortable playing around with wikis, let me have the info and I will do it for you.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 17:33:04 »
I'm supposed to be doing a brief history of our private site for NGS visitors... max one side A4 type job...
 ::)

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 22:04:55 »
Thanks for adding a link to our associations history page (Firs Estate, Derby)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal