Author Topic: Positioning a new pond  (Read 1914 times)

BAZ

• Not So New ...
  • Got to get the veggies in!
Positioning a new pond
« on: March 19, 2007, 14:41:46 »
Hi all

I want to use an area of my allotment to build a pond, however the area is covered in fiberous roots, when I dig in to it. Will the roots pierce through the liner ??? Or can anyone make any suggestions how to get around this, as I want to attract more wildlife onto the plot.  :D

Thanks for any suggestions

Baz.
BAZ

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Positioning a new pond
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 18:43:41 »
well, no doubt there'll be some anti this but we had a very wet, overgrown hole in the ground on our plot so we put down a sand, carpet, then the liner, seems to be okay, there were brambles and stuff in there  ;D

BAZ

• Not So New ...
  • Got to get the veggies in!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 20:03:23 »
Thanks manicscousers

How did you get on the other month, did you find that garden centre, near rainhill stoops?

Baz ::)
BAZ

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 20:09:35 »
no, we had a bad month, lots of hospital and doc's appointments, also in laws(88), were having troubles so we went to the range in wigan and picked up some from there , thanks for the tip anyway, may have a run out there soon  ;D

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 22:53:05 »
I used an old bath for my pond so didn't have to worry about roots etc - had to dig a great big hole though.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 22:16:32 »
Ponds are frowned upon on our site although 2 people do have them.  I would like one just to get some toads and frogs around to munch on the slugs.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal