Author Topic: 60's party - help please  (Read 6504 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:60's party - help please
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2004, 23:04:58 »
Well, it was a fun day.  I wore a little button up mini dress and knee hi stiletto black boots, plenty of eye makeup and flicky kinda lulu hair.  The MiL wasn't expecting it and as we all jumped out shouting suprise, she was so overcome it brought a tear to her eye! :'(  Was a good day and loved listening to Buddy Holly, Elvis, The Beatles, The Hollies etc.  Thanks for all of your advice, glad you have, and are enjoying this thread.  ;D

Les_Woof

• Acre
  • Ger orf ma land!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2004, 09:00:40 »
Oh to have been in the 60's!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can remember hem you weren't there...so my dad keeps telling me, and he can't even remember last week............it must have take n its toll.

Like aqui I was also born after my time 1973 (although it was a good year) I'd have loved to be a teenager in the 60's.

I am still searching for my perfect scooter... 8)

Enjoy the party EJ,  
All the hard work is finally starting to pay off.....

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2004, 09:46:41 »
Sounds like a great party EJ - would have loved to see you in your 60's gear :D

Talking of scooters, hub and I used to travel everywhere on ours before we were married (a Lambretta) - great times ;D :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 17:51:41 »
...true, Les, true.  I understand completely!

One of my fave stories from the sixties is about Paul Simon.  Many people believe he was nominated for an Oscar for "Mrs. Robinson," from "The Graduate."

He wasn't - "We forgot to fill in the forms," said Paul. "You know, it was the ’60s. We just weren’t paying attention."

Somehow, that just sums it up!   :D

Guardian of around 2,950 sq ft of the planet Earth

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal