Author Topic: Archibald....aka Six Dinner Sid...  (Read 5445 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Archibald....aka Six Dinner Sid...
« on: February 24, 2007, 15:33:40 »
After seeing dtw's post, I finally persuaded Archie to sit still enough to take his photo!

Archie is a bit special. We adopted him and his brother Maximilian last year as they were about the same age as our remaining young cat Vic, who had sadly last his brother Bob in a RTA and seemed to be pining (ah the folly of naming cats as pairs...!).

As soon as they arrived, Archie seemed to settle in well, but then managed to escape after only a few days, last seen legging it down the back garden! We did not see him for nearly three months; contacted the previous owner in case he turned up there, vets etc; no sign of him.

We feared the worst- but he suddenly turned up at our next door neighbours after three months of feral living, turns out she had been feeding him intermittently as she thought he was one of our other cats (they are all ginger toms)!

He wandered inside the house as if he had never been away, ate some food, and has stayed with us ever since! Obviously decided we are not that bad as a family after all! The vet had to remove a tick from his face (yuk), and he was a bit thinner (he was huge when we got him), but apart from that had survived reasonably well. Toms eh... ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 15:36:36 by Deb P »
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Archibald....aka Six Dinner Sid...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 16:19:15 »
love it, and him, obviously a very special cat
After seeing dtw's post, I finally persuaded Archie to sit still enough to take his photo!

Archie is a bit special. We adopted him and his brother Maximilian last year as they were about the same age as our remaining young cat Vic, who had sadly last his brother Bob in a RTA and seemed to be pining (ah the folly of naming cats as pairs...!).

As soon as they arrived, Archie seemed to settle in well, but then managed to escape after only a few days, last seen legging it down the back garden! We did not see him for nearly three months; contacted the previous owner in case he turned up there, vets etc; no sign of him.

We feared the worst- but he suddenly turned up at our next door neighbours after three months of feral living, turns out she had been feeding him intermittently as she thought he was one of our other cats (they are all ginger toms)!

He wandered inside the house as if he had never been away, ate some food, and has stayed with us ever since! Obviously decided we are not that bad as a family after all! The vet had to remove a tick from his face (yuk), and he was a bit thinner (he was huge when we got him), but apart from that had survived reasonably well. Toms eh... ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 16:40:44 »
Ginger Toms, grea cats. Does he do the big head rub? Love that. The folly of naming cats in pairs is so real. My mum called her 2 tom kittens Jasper and Carrot. Only Jasper survives!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 17:53:01 »
Oh he's gorgeous!  :D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 18:06:11 »
;D beautiful, / shades x
grow your own way

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 18:22:34 »
He's a smasher!  I like the way he's smiling nicely for the camera  ;D
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 18:57:39 »
He's SOOOO lovely 8)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 08:27:23 »
Ginger Toms, grea cats. Does he do the big head rub? Love that. The folly of naming cats in pairs is so real. My mum called her 2 tom kittens Jasper and Carrot. Only Jasper survives!

Yes he does the big head rub thing, all three of them do! All our cats have been ginger toms (we also adopted a ginger female a few years ago, not so common apparently, more likely tortoiseshell) I am a complete sucker for them! Without exception great characters.

If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 20:44:26 »
You couldn't not love him. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 21:42:35 »
Scrumptious!!

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 22:18:21 »
Mine were Rosie & Jim favourites of the children when they were little.  Now the children are grown up & only Jim survives.

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 11:28:48 »
Awwww what a handsome fella  :-*

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 11:40:24 »
he's very handsome!

shirlton