Author Topic: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!  (Read 65856 times)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
Re: General Chitter Chatter & His Sidekick Captain Claptrap!
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2007, 15:06:55 »
Hmmmm ... yes ... I can see it now. "SUPERSPROUT'S SQUASH STALL" at the local market  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2007, 16:03:49 »
Made the mistake of watching the weather forecast last night.   When it said rain all day I decided to take up the offer of time & half at work.   Am now stuck here until 1930 hours & can see the sun shining out of the window!!!!!

Dad finished re-erecting my greenhouse last week (will post piccies soon) so could have spent this afternoon sowing seeds....gutted or what.

Have got next four days of work so hopefully going up lottie to (finally) get get started on this year's planting.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2007, 18:19:45 »
a friend gave me her new mobile phone number which after me trying it proved to be wrong. I kept getting a very pleasant gentleman in scotland she kept insisting that it was right and it was me or my phone that was at fault so after I,d got it sorted I texted a sorry to him, he rang back and started chatting me up!! what a thrill !! I didn,t have the heart to tell him I,m a nearly 60 yr old grandmother
enjoy the moment thats what I say it,s not likely to ever happen again
margaret  ;D ;D ;D
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2007, 18:21:51 »
What's his number Marg?????  ;D

CarrotCruncher: I've given up looking at the weather forecast ... THEY LIE TO US!!!!!!
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2007, 18:34:02 »
I agree carrot cruncher... todays weather nothing like the forecast late last night... at least it has rained hard at home so I wouldn't have got much done anyway...
 ::)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2007, 21:01:59 »
Turned the jolly compost yesterday to find Mr & Mrs Rat's residence. Needless to say they will have to look for finer quarters. ;D
Haven't got a clue as to weather conditions today as I was dragged kicking and screaming to Bluewater to solve the tv problem. Daughter 1 is having the existing set up and we are having a new tv. IT TOOK ALL DAY. I rarely look at the blessed thing so I couldn't give a toss really.Anyhow, no sooner I'd stepped out of the car than I was dragged to the pub(next door)
and forced to drink a large glass of white wine--which cured the head ache caused by the bang on the head as a result of falling asleep whilst watching the Allotment  prog in the kitchen and falling off the chair onto the tiled floor. Wasn't it the most boring, cringe making program ever?
Those poor folk having to stand and grin at the camera......Aaaarrggggghhhh.
Smile, it confuses people.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2007, 19:04:51 »
Hi again, chatted with you when you first opened this post with a big tale of woe, not like me usually,I have been reading about Ahmed and presume he is on your lottie patch,he sounds very nice, not a bit like my neighbour who we call Stickyfingers.He is a real chauvinistic fella, thinks women should be home in the kitchen, never on an allotment.I dropped My husband John off there one morning and he glared at me and said, " putting him out to work are you, I expect you're going shopping, or home to watch the telly". I answered that I was going to work as John was retired,He then had the cheek to say,that he would never ALLOW his wife to go to work, you can probably guess more or less what I said, he doesn't talk to me now. Oh well he won't be able to pinch our rhubarb so easily. Such is allotment life. It's blowing a gale here in Yorkshire, not Been  able to get anything done.  I am kinds curious, does anyone else find that women are seen as lesser beings in the lottie world , or is it just in Yorkshire. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2007, 19:31:32 »
i think it's an age thing, my sons and son in law see their wives and friends as equals  whereas some of the older men, not just on the plot, find it difficult to move with the times..I think they're challenged by strong women...wait for it, go on, Corneykev, get it over with, or you, Ace... ;D ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2007, 21:08:02 »
Ooops!
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2007, 16:26:43 »
I think this is a brilliant thread ;D and every time i see it at the bottomI have to put my bit in to keep it going :: :P today I bought some new wellies at lidle the last pair there  :D and they fit me ;D size 7.5 couldn,t test them at the lotty(lanes flooded didn,t want water inside)   :'(so I seed sowed in g/house
margaret ;)
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2007, 17:13:58 »
Wearing the Wellies? ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2007, 17:26:35 »
Well I spent the day doing laundry (joy of the heavenly bold! :() Baking Chocolate Brownies, and a Carrot Cake that I have sold (now thats more like it! ;D), and standing freezing at the bottom of the ladder whilst Mr Pinks tried his best to cut back the bloody enormous awful leylandii hedge that the previous plonker occupants decided was a good idea to plant in the front garden! (think he thought I would be nice and soft to land on if he fell :o)

Had to come in 'cos the sink I sold on E-Bay was picked up by a very nice chap so we had tea n chats, and I was well happy with that cos I had lost the feeling in my fingers n toes, the wind is blooming COLD.

Tonight don't have to cook, leftover cold leg of larry, with oven chips! ;D  I love Mondays after a roastie! ;D ;D

Trixie I am sure we could come up with something brilliant for your market stall, go on post a pic!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2007, 17:47:00 »
today I bought some new wellies at lidle the last pair there   and they fit me  size 7.5

Oooh, oooh, same as me! I got the sunflower ones, size 5, also last pair in my size. I cant wait to try them out. ;D ;D ;D When is this weather going to improve >:( >:( >:(

cj :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2007, 18:08:43 »
I am very jealous,I want fancy wellies too but I need extra wide calf fitting and I don't think they come like that,does anyone know?? I fancy polka dots or tartan ones. Do mens ones come fancy I think they are wider XX Jeannine

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2007, 18:29:48 »
went to netto for copier paper, 1.99, photo quality paper, 2.99
dug up big poppies & campanula seedlings..potted up,
sowed more seeds, cauli, idol, cabbage, kalobos and red cap..transplanted tomatoes and peppers.
tried to find more windowsill space, failed so moved some of the flower seedlings into cold g house

then decided to clean bits of the house up.. :(  I'd rather be gardening but it started raining, well that's one word for it, about 11ish here   :)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2007, 20:09:09 »
I went to Lidls - missed the fruit bushes & wellies but got 2 'things' for growing sweet peas up, a curly hose, a sprayer & 2 big window box type things at 79p each.  Was well pleased & came home & tidied up in garden - not raining here yet.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2007, 20:41:07 »
Ooooooooh I want to go and see if ours has got any fruit bushes left, Goosegog in particular, but I'm stuck here for most of the week awaiting builders, deliveries etc. I may have to look further afield and release moths from the purse.
On the wellie front, I have inherited a pair of green Hunters from a daughter. They are so comfortable but it would be nice to have a LOUD pair. ;D

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2007, 20:58:20 »
I went to the lottie this morning, it was very promising with blue skies and sunshine, but the weatherman was right and the rain arrived after about an hour.  Just did a bit of tidying and took some rubish to the tip.

Went back home to continue sewing covers for the seat pads of an old wooden sofa that I am renovating.

Feeling a bit better / stronger today, so thought I'd go to my woodworking class tonight - managed to do a bit of chiselling.

Going to Dunelm tomorrow to get some foam to pad the back of the sofa and maybe B&Q for some danish oil.

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2007, 22:04:12 »
Cleaned the filters for the fish pond, changed the UV light and cleaned the sponges. Shredded the brussel sprout stems.
Prepared a small area of soil for turfing and removed several fir trees (about 8ft tall) and had been partially blown over by the wind.
Finally went down to the allotment and had a fire to burn all the trimmings from the trees and bushes at the back of the allotment and the vacant one next door to keep it tidy

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2007, 22:26:24 »
Seems like forever since I have been down to our plot, is just too wet. OH went down last weekend and tried to do the raised beds. Every time he banged in a post to fix them in, it fell over. Or thats his excuse anyway!

Today finally managed to re-pot the seedlings. Have far too many gardeners delight toms, not even started on the other varieties! Potted up my onions as were growing in the bag. Hope I did the right thing, but figured would rot if I planted them out. And the potatoes that are chitting are looking like they might take over, how big are the shoots supposed to get?

Oh well, least I got to play with a little dirt today! :D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal