Author Topic: Wormeries  (Read 1125 times)

roytheboy

• Not So New ...
Wormeries
« on: February 08, 2007, 17:47:17 »
 Hi, I am looking for info regarding Wormeries and if any one has had them and do they do what the box says, also do they last through this winter weather, and basically do you get a good return, thanks Roy::)

tinker

• Half Acre
  • warwickshire
Re: Wormeries
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 07:05:23 »
I have a wormery and yes the survive the bad weather but you need to buy a cover (costs extra) as I found the rain gets in the air holes and it gets to wet. I have found mine is only big enough for kitchen waste, I still have a normal heap on the allotment. The liquid you get from the sump is a good feed for your plans, however personally I don't think I would buy another one,as you don't get a massive return of compost.
All good things come to those who wait!

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 09:33:23 »
I too have read that they arent as good as they say!  Take a long time to get going and little return for the money!  I do love the idea of a wormery but don't think i will ever buy one as i just take everything down the plot to my compost heap which is quite satisfying as i forked my 5 month old heap the other day and at the bottom was lovely rich dark compost.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 15:48:40 »
I have a wormery at home and compost heaps on the lottie. I find it very useful when I can't get down to the lottie, but with five hungry fruit and veg eaters in the family it fills up too quickly. It also seems to be a bit of a messy business emptying it, but maybe that's just me! Despite that i would be lost without it.

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 19:06:32 »
Agree with Tin Shed I love mine which I have at home and the WW (worm wee) is an excellant liquid feed

;) ;) 8)

rfletcher

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 19:09:48 »
You get loads of "worm juice" - some of which I add to the leaf mould (seems to speed it all up) - but less compost than you would expect (it is very rich though). But it is easier than taking the veg peelings to the allotment.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal