Author Topic: Made a start  (Read 1532 times)

RSJK

• Hectare
  • its great to be on the allotment
Made a start
« on: February 04, 2007, 13:40:36 »
Finally made a start on sowing some seed today in the greenhouse, sowed 5 trays of cabbage ( Spitfire ) and 4 trays of lettuce ( Dublin, Estelle and Pinokkio ). Cannot afford to have the heating on in there so I have put them into an homemade propergator inside the greenhouse put some sheets of glass on the top of them and then cover them in fleece, hope it works.
Richard       If it's not worth having I will have it

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Made a start
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 14:13:07 »
We've had frost both mornings this weekend and the forecast for the week is frost so I'm leaving it until next weekend, but I do get a whole week for half term to get going...
 8)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 23:11:48 »
I have sown some chillis and toms, but still have lots to do.  I'm with you saddad, once the children are off next week, they will do the sowing for me - they usually do a better job of it.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 04:12:09 »
good if the kids are home next week it means no traffic and i can have 15 min extra in bed!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 17:52:34 »
Sowed some onion seed in a propagator in the kitchen today, only used sets before so here goes nothing.   ??? :-\ ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

miniroots

• Half Acre
  • Beautiful bolting
    • Random allotment pictures
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:08:04 »
I sowed three different tomatoes, some Tomatillos (?) Coriander and Basil on Sunday... Wait and see what happens.  Last year I killed all my tomatoes before they got outside!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal