Author Topic: B&Q shopping spree!  (Read 1900 times)

timelady

• Half Acre
    • Artwork of Tina Mammoser
B&Q shopping spree!
« on: February 06, 2007, 21:56:45 »
Finally got to spend my B&Q gift certificates. ;D Such fun! I went a bit over the £50 I was given, spent £68 in all but really pleased. Some Wilkinson Sword loppers for the ongoing bramble extermination (£30 of the total!), trowel, really cute double-sided hand hoe (hey cuteness is important right?), paint to put pictures on the shed when it's built, zip ties, a rose bush, 2 kinds of potatoes, red onion bulbs, and lots and lots of seeds. No specials or sale stuff, but some of the multi seed packs were good value since I just wanted lots of basics anyway. getting it home on the bike was half the fun.

Now why is it going to snow tomorrow?  :-[ I wasn't even wearing a jacket on Sunday!

Tina.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
Re: B&Q shopping spree!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 22:01:51 »
it's nice not spending "real" money !  but you ALWAYS come out spending more !

i love B&Q !  8)

our garden bit is being refurbed just now, have had the car fixed specially!   ;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 22:05:03 »
Ooooh that sounds fun tina, don't you just love receiving and spending vouchers!  I'd love to have seen you getting all that stuff home on your bike lol  :o  ;D
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

timelady

• Half Acre
    • Artwork of Tina Mammoser
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 16:51:50 »
Yes, it was a bit wobbly coming home. I'd forgotten that my seat-post rack was only supposed to hold 9kg. Ah well, made it anyway! Showed off my loppers today. :)

Tina.

miniroots

• Half Acre
  • Beautiful bolting
    • Random allotment pictures
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 19:12:26 »
Had my first Poundland experience today.
How do they do it all so cheap??  6m of fleece for £1?????
Also got the Poly tunnel cloches - the last three...

Brilliant!

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 20:49:21 »
I am with you Miniroots    -   Poundland is the place for bargins I got the same last Sunday plus a gooseberry for a £1 (just hope it will grow ???)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 22:39:39 »
I am with you Miniroots    -   Poundland is the place for bargins I got the same last Sunday plus a gooseberry for a £1 (just hope it will grow ???)

I got two gooseberry plants from them last year, and they both grew well over the summer and are now at the lottie! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal