Author Topic: What's everyone currently sowing / got germinating in the heated propogators  (Read 4486 times)

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
I am about to put some onion seeds in and the Grow you Own Almanac says Cauliflower as well??

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Nowt yet...
 ;D

flytrapman

• Half Acre
5 pots of various onion seeds

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Wont  be sowing my cauli for another couple months yet!

We haven't had winter yet!

PAULW

• Acre
Three types of onion and primo cabbages

dandelion

• Hectare
    • An Vrombaut
Spinach and chervil, last Sunday because it was sunny and I just got this sowing-urge. The spinach germinated today. It's in an unheated propagator in my porch.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
 :)

nothing yet ;D/ shades x
grow your own way

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
Not a thing, far too early for me to get started, I do have a pot of exhibition onion seed germinating on the windowsil though

marestail murderer

• Half Acre
errrrrrrrrrrr.............nowt...............lol............just restarted build project of the lottie greenhouse............walls up..........roof on..............windows to make and fit and the door to be scourced............
two blooming years its took me so far......lol
ive got stuck in tho this year.while im waiting to do other things and progress has been good.despite the winds!
its 6am and im sat here itching to get up to the local b and q to get more timber for the windows
hope to have a usable greenhouse in the very  near future!

ps............ive made it out of that twin walled plastic thingy..............is this better than glass?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 06:05:30 by marestail murderer »

clondalkingardener

• Not So New ...
Some caulies in an unheated propogator in my kitchen which are looking good, parsnips which are doing nothing yet.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Onions in modules, indoors, which will go into the cold greenhouse.
I know there's plenty of time to sow, adn I am trying to sit on my hands. Couldn't resist first sowing of beet and carrot - 14 modules of each - and All Year Round cauli - seven modules - not a great deal to cry over if they don't thrive in the greenhouse in a cold snap. It is nice to see some sprouts right now :D

Now waiting for my first heated propagator to arrive, another Great Leap Forward! ;D
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 08:49:00 by supersprout »

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
just transplanted seedlings of parella red lettuce and mixed leaves 12, so, salad days re, nearly, here   ;D ;D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Banana shallots, two different seed sources as I really love them and failed when I tried to grow them from sets last year! :'(
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

carolinej

• Hectare
Onions Bunton's Showstopper just peeking through the compost in heated propagator ;D. No sign of Purple Peppers yet :(

cj :)

GrowingChillis

• Half Acre
    • GrowChilli.co.uk
I have just acquired an electric propogator from my
grandmas house, which we are clearing since she passed away in septemeber.
It was actually my grandads but I have only just found it.
It is quite a large one, although I havent seen many others, but this ones seems big enough to put 3 or so normal sized seed trays in it.

I am going to fill it up with chillies and peppers,
debating wether to invest in a light as the windowsills dont seem to have much light.

Does anyone recon it is worth getttin a light, and if so which one?
I would need one to plug into the mains.
My Chilli Website - GrowChilli

UK Plants & Seeds
- ebay shop - 15% discount for A4A member

feedback welcome

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Nowt yet but hope to plant red onion seeds tomorrow.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

sickpuppy

I sowed 2 types of tomatoes and 3 kinds of peppers on 15/01. The tomatoes have germinated at 20C but I'm not sure what to do next. Do I need to pot  them on now even though they look fragile ... or do I leave them a while longer. Can anyone help?

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
Will probably start the aubergines off this week

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Too cold in my greenhouse to put anything in yet. I have jsut today put my begonias onto some damp compost on the spare bedroom windowsill with my potatoes that are chitting. Have had to turn the radiator off though cos I dont want them to bolt.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

carolinej

• Hectare
I was wondering when to start my begonias. So nows the time eh? Will get them out tomorrow ;D

cj :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal