Author Topic: Seeds I sowed today...  (Read 2116 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Seeds I sowed today...
« on: January 05, 2007, 16:55:58 »
Hey,

I've sown some seeds today. All the varieties that can be sown indoors in january, i've sown them. there were about....25 different things and i had to put 3 varieties in most trays lol.

i didn't have anything to put them in....or any lids for the seed trays so i've put them on an old coffee table that i didn't need next to a window. and i've put a mug of water in there aswell to raise humidity. then i popped some sticks on the sides and placed cling film all over the top and sealed it along the bottom. hopefully it should keep the heat and moisture in. obviously i'll give it 5-10 minutes of ventilation every couple of days.

what do you guys think? i know it's looks ugly lol.....but do you think it'll work?

anyone else sowing anything this tie of the year?

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Seeds I sowed today...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 17:35:39 »
Gonna sow red onion seeds on sunday, but thats it for me for now. Got a rhubarb crown in a pot still that i bought in November, that could maybe go in too.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 20:15:30 »
I see no reason why it shouldn't work as long as you've only planted things which can manage a longish spell with plenty of warmth and little light. The only things I plant at this time are seeds which I think might need a cold spell before germination. I'll start planting veg in a month or so, that's early enough for me.

simon404

• Hectare
    • Simon's Allotment
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 21:37:45 »
Depends on what you mean by 'all the varieties that can be sown in January'. ???

agapanthus

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 22:24:26 »
It looks fine Wahaj. ;D.....what did you sow?

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 23:23:46 »
i sowed a lot of things, like red hot pokers, primulas, verbena, a type of stipa, obedient plant, sweet peas, mecanopsis, sea hollies etc.

all of them said on the packets that they could be sown indoors in january and then hardened off in may.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 13:23:33 »
That's what I need around this garden - a few Obedient Plants!!

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 20:42:17 »
That's what I need around this garden - a few Obedient Plants!!

lol. it took me a while to figure out what's so obedient about them. it's the flowers i think....they stay where you put them.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 15:55:55 »
I know some people talk to their plants, even play music to them but keeping them  supplied with tea/coffee is new to me 8)

Whats in the cup?

Lady Cosmos

• Acre
  • Lady of the dunes
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 18:32:39 »
This only water, isn't, poor things ;D ;D ;D ;D

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 17:01:33 »
I'm sure they'll all be fine Wahaj and if they are not there's still plenty of time to start some more.  I am planning more flowers [as well as many more veg] this year & lost of them say on the packet to start them off indoors in January so I have planted some including sweet peas [which have mainly germinated] anthirinum, gazinia [?] & some geraniums which went I found there were only 4 seeds in the packet I decided to treat with great respect!  50p a seed they better be good!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal