Author Topic: Cooking and Music!  (Read 964 times)

Yellow Petals

Cooking and Music!
« on: January 02, 2007, 16:08:19 »
The shoulder saga continues as I have now been written off for a further two weeks  :(  Doc says my tendons and joints are inflamed and swollen (this he had to torture me for) and handed me a prescription for another lot of tablets and a note to keep me off until 17th - which isn't as fun as it sounds.  The pain is driving me insane and my bank balance is dwindling as I have now been off since Dec 3rd.  All this from dragging a big sack of spuds >:( and they weren't even mine!  It's nigh on impossible to do anything without it involving the shoulder  :-\

Anyway, on the upside, I have started to listen to some of the 11 CDs I got for Christmas whilst enjoying some low fat cooking (my poor eyes from the onions) I made the Ragout of Chicken and that was very nice.  Today I've made a huge pot full of Minestrone Soup (with a little bit of added chicken, hehe)   There are so many sections in this book I've currently chosen; Soups, Starters and Snacks, Pasta Pulses & Grains, Meat & Poultry, Fish & Seafood, Vegetables & Vegetarian Dishes, Salads, Hot Desserts, Cold Desserts, Cakes & Bakes, Muffins Buns & Biscuits, Breads & Teabreads and they are all virtually fat free recipies so I'm looking forward to having a dabble from each.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Cooking and Music!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 16:35:48 »
watch out, picking up pans and things, hope the joints etc get sorted out for you soon, make the most of the time off but do rest, you need it  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 16:41:01 »
Sam. Really sorry to hear you are still in so much pain, hope the shoulder soon improves it's been a long time. It seems to be so easy to do damage to oneself. Years ago my old Dad pulled the muscles in his back by lifting an EMPTY dustbin. He actually thought it was full and obviously tensed his body in readiness.
Sending you healing vibes. Lorna.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 17:51:10 »
Sam, so sorry to read that the pain's still on-going - what a bu**er :(

Praps you can supplement your income by selling ready-made lovely low-fat meals to your mum? After all, she is going on a diet when she comes back from hol - she says ::)

But be careful with those pans and chopping stuff....cooking isn't really a resting muscles sort of job, is it.

Eating the results is nice tho 8)

All the best, Lish

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 18:02:16 »
Oooo Sam, I do sympathise.  My little twinge before Christmas is (I am very glad to say) no more than a distant memory but at the time it hurt like hell and the worst thing was when I forgot and just moved and YOUCH!

What CD's did you get then?

I have the WI's low fat/healthy eating cookery range and now we are (as usualy) eating healthily, I am ploughing through it.  I have a chook for tomoz - just got to decide which low cal recipe to do.  Describe your ragoooooooooo.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 18:28:56 »
Look at all the new things you are learning ;D ;D ;D

All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 20:18:10 »
YP I sympathise with your shoulder - I had the same a couple of years ago - I left it for ages before going to the docs who injected steroids & then I had phisio.  The initial pain gradually lessened but it was so stiff & the phisio definitely helped to get it going again.  I remember looking it up on NHS direct & they said the only thing that was certain was that it would get better - which it did eventually. I hope your does soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal