Author Topic: DONT FORGET BBC2  (Read 18531 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
DONT FORGET BBC2
« on: December 29, 2006, 22:57:50 »
Dont forget BBC2 next Friday, 5th January 2007. Allotment program called GROW YOUR OWN VEG starting this day. Not sure what time yet. Set your reminders....
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
Re: DONT FORGET BBC2
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 23:44:40 »
Friday, BBC2, 8.30pm - the first of a six-part series presented by Carol Klein.

Cheers, KT, I had no idea!
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

sally_cinnamon

• Acre
  • "A posse ad esse" - From possibility to actuality
    • Got a new website - still not finished!!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 01:02:36 »
Already set my reminder! And one to remind kitten too!  Anyone else want a reminder? ;) ;D
Thank you to all who donated to the Moonlight Half Marathon Walk in aid of St Catherine's Hospice - my mum and I raised just over £300!!!    ............     Thanks!  :-)

moonbeam

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 07:23:01 »
Thanks i am glad someone is keeping there eye on the ball i would have kicked myself if i had missed it .the time and date is now in my diary thanks again.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 18:18:59 »
Already set my reminder! And one to remind kitten too!  Anyone else want a reminder? ;) ;D

LOL sally, as predicted i'd completely forgotten already!!  ::) Looking forward to it  now i've been reminded tho'!  x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 07:27:43 »
found this as i was browzing through my GW mag.  I almost screamed with excitement.  Will be interesting to see how her advice compares with everyone on here.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 09:44:55 »
I hope it's better then last nights Gardener of the year 2006. :(

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 00:40:29 »
Bother I'm going to be out then - anyone seen anything about a reapeat on one of the other BBC channels - I'd hate to miss it. :'(

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 10:31:47 »
Carol Klein was interviewed in today's Woman's Hour about the programme, at about 10.35 am on R4 if you want to listen again :D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 11:52:37 »
Just tried to listen to the program . Option is there to listen but Automated response says unable to bring you the program requested. Must be down at moment

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 12:00:54 »
It's available now, Carol's bit starts at 35mins in
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Yellow Petals

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 12:03:17 »
Bother I'm going to be out then - anyone seen anything about a reapeat on one of the other BBC channels - I'd hate to miss it. :'(

Mary, is it the whole series you will miss due to other commitments or just the first episode on the 5th?

I can record it, zap it onto a dvd and post it to you to watch before the following weeks episode if it is the latter?

Sam

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 13:05:54 »
Yippe.  Have reminder set.  Hope it is good.  James Martins series was dissapointing, altho I could just watch him all day with the sound down.  Am looking forward to this, especially as it will be before we all really start this years growing, so it should get us all itchy fingered and inspired to get going.

Plum

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 13:09:10 »
You can look at preview video clips of the program on the BBC website, following the gardening link She is very enthusiastic. Looks good

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 13:20:49 »
 ;D Thanks for letting me know its on.Cheers!!
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 14:28:57 »
Now listened to the radio clip. Learnt something just from that. Also watched the previews on each episode and learnt something from some of them too. Wonder what I'll learn from the series ::)

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 14:43:58 »
I'm looking forward to this, thanks! :)

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 15:07:21 »
Thanks one to watch - will have to get remote off other half !!

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 15:12:11 »
Thank you YP that is a very kind offer, it is just this Friday I am out so will make sure I see the rest of the series. 

KT as I also misssed the Woman's Hour interview would really like to know what you learned from it. I shall view the clips later on the website.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 18:11:31 »
Things I learnt...

Been um-ming and arring about raised beds. She said crop ratio is increased but downside is that raised beds need more watering. In this drought spells we keep having maybe its not such a good idea.  ???

She also showed a different way to sow carrots. I will give that a go for definite as carrots are touch and go on our site. :D

Also learnt how to protect seedlings in the ground whilst waiting to germinate. Place holly or other prickly cut-offs over them till the shoots are through. Natural deterrant for predators >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal