Author Topic: HOWS THIS FOR SERVICE  (Read 1288 times)

ACE

• Hectare
HOWS THIS FOR SERVICE
« on: December 29, 2006, 19:42:14 »
Although I joke about O.H. and her xmas present. I eventually got her a nice ring with opals (her birthstone). Naturally I wanted it to be a surprise so I got what I thought was the right size, it wasn't.

She was wearing it on another finger today and we were in town when the jeweller who sold it to me stopped us in the street and asked if the ring was alright. I was surprised he remembered me, as he must have had quite a few people buying presents off of him this xmas.

She said she wished it was a bit bigger, no problem he said, come into the shop after lunch and he would see what he could do. We popped into his shop and he took her finger measurements and told us to come back in an hour.

Went back to the shop and the ring fitted a treat, he said he had added a small amount of gold and resized it. How much I asked. No charge he said.

Needless to say, I shall be going back to him if we need anything else  in the jewelry line

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: HOWS THIS FOR SERVICE
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 19:47:19 »
ACE. Brilliant present and brilliant service.

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 19:49:50 »
That's lovely to hear of such good service, you don't often get it these days. :(  Sounds like Mrs Ace was plased with her present too! :)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 22:38:37 »
Oooo opals are my most fave stone.  My darling brought me some stunners when we were visiting your lovely island a couple of years back.  Good service indeed, and good taste that man!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 09:31:23 »
OH has had to have her rings (Engagement, Wedding and Eternity) resized not is she no longer in her twenties but no longer weighs only 61/2 Stone!
 ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:49:52 »
 ;DKeep meaning to have my wedding ring resized, has been worn on my little finger for a long time, other rings are OK ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 14:12:27 »

when the jeweller who sold it to me stopped us in the street and asked if the ring was alright. I was surprised he remembered me, as he must have had quite a few people buying presents off of him this xmas.

Sure you didn't tell him any Ayatollah jokes while you were choosing it, ACE?  ;D

Smashing prezzie that. Opals are lovely. 8)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 14:58:18 »
Adding to Ace's  Hows this for service  although nothing as exciting as a lovely ring :) Daughter Alyson's cooker packed up week leading up to Christmas (was 10days out of guarantee). She phoned a couple of suppliers, no luck, she then rang a company by the name of Hughes who sell or rent cookers etc. They agreed to deliver a new cooker to her Friday 22nd as she was going to Peterborough that day she called in the shop at 9am to pay for it. Her partner connected it that evening... guess what.. the hob didn't work, she rang the manufacturers Sat morning. They said we will come out on 9th January :o She then rang Hughes who told her that it was normally a call out charge of £96 (in case of bad connecting) but as she was a new customer they wouldn't charge. The man came, took him 5 minutes, a little thing in the back (think it might have been a thermostat) had been put in wrong way round when it was manufactured. Alyson can't sing their praises enough, and real politeness to go with the service.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal