Author Topic: eggs  (Read 1475 times)

paulinems

• Half Acre
    • The fly trap plants
eggs
« on: December 14, 2006, 09:24:07 »
i have 15 chickens now and am getting 11 eggs most days for  the last 2 weeks, some times theres only 2 most times 10-11. 8 off my girls i only got about 2 months ago and at least 6 of the 6-7 of the eggs are from them . the only problem with my 8 new girls is they mess in the nesting box,we keep them seperate from the other 7 but would like to have them in the same run but afraid of the other 7 fighting them
pauline
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:34:30 by paulina »

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
Re: eggs
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 13:13:45 »
wow paulina, what are you doing with all those eggs :o ??? :D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 17:38:11 »
Have you tried putting up a chicken wire fence dividing inside the chicken cree. I have a large metal cage - similar to a dog travelling cage but larger, no roof. Admittedly I have not added hens yet, but my intention is to put the new hens in here for 1 week, inside the cree. Wire mesh will suffice for the roof of this. Can you not do a similar thing? ::)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 23:48:24 »
The fighting is only sorting out pecking order who is top hen and so on.
Some of mine its taken 3 days and others up to a week.
 Depends on how the new ones stand their ground. But it all sorts it self out in the end.
 I have not had any damage to hens it just seems all shouting but it will put them off laying untill all settled down.
Just have two water containers and a couple of food ones even scattering the food in the run helps. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal