Author Topic: Ahhhh finally  (Read 1295 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Ahhhh finally
« on: November 06, 2006, 16:08:02 »
Thank god for that. I've FINALLY managed to shift the 4 tonnes of manure that was on the drive. It's taken me about 1.5 weeks.....but it's all in the beds now.

For my tiny little garden....i've shifted about 7 tonnes of manure/topsoil. I'm so proud of myself. I'll never have to do it again  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Ahhhh finally
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 17:46:35 »
Never's a long time Wahaj, but well done. I got a load of muck at half trem and there is still some to shift... but the end is in sight!
 ;D

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 19:26:37 »
Never's a long time Wahaj, but well done. I got a load of muck at half trem and there is still some to shift... but the end is in sight!
 ;D

do you find you have big lumps in your manure? like really tough bits......do they break up themselves over winter....or do i need to do that?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 13:06:17 »
I break them up a bit with a fork but basically just leave them to break down by them selves.
 ::)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 15:07:40 »
I break them up a bit with a fork but basically just leave them to break down by them selves.
 ::)

yea i'm planning to leave them there. i'm just a bit worried that i have loads of bulbs under there that might not be able to break through the lump.

i just wish there was some rain to help soften the soil a bit. we haven't had proper rain here since god knows when.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 15:14:08 »
Born worrier, aren't you?  :)

Don't worry, it'll all happen & come spring we'll all be ooh-ing and ahh-ing at your pix.

Trust me! - would I ever tell you wrong?  :-\ ::) ;D

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 15:30:19 »
Born worrier, aren't you?  :)

Don't worry, it'll all happen & come spring we'll all be ooh-ing and ahh-ing at your pix.

Trust me! - would I ever tell you wrong?  :-\ ::) ;D

well.....thinking about it, my dad's thnking about selling the house and moving to a bigger one. I'm a bit....well a lot Peed off cos i've put like months of effort into this bl**dy garden....and it's all gonna be nice next year....and then shame i won't be able to enjoy it after that.

i'm telling you though....i'm digging out every single bulb, every single shrub, perrenial plants etc before i go.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal