Author Topic: Worm Wee  (Read 1540 times)

mellor

• Quarter Acre
Worm Wee
« on: October 30, 2006, 18:22:18 »
Hi

Someone at the girlfiriends work place has offered me some bottles of what he calls worm p**s, from his wormery. I assume it can be used as a liquid feed???

can anyone shed any light

Cheers

mr plasma

• Half Acre
Re: Worm Wee
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 18:29:18 »
i think someone is taking the p**s with you. how on earth can you collect the stuff, and if you could how much could you obtain. it probably takes a million worms to produce a cupfull :)

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 18:31:34 »
aha, from my sister (who has a wormery) I remember that there's a solid bit above a seive like contraption where the worms do their munching, and some liquid drips down to a container underneath? If this is what you're being offered, it sounds good (and what a lovely name for it) ;D

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 19:33:52 by supersprout »

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 19:16:53 »
No idea how they do it Mr Plasma, but the little darlings produce gallons!

I use it on my trees in pots, spuds ( growing ones , not as a sauce) and generally slop it about the garden.  I also use it to wet my compost bins if they get too dry.

Worm Wee = brilliant!
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Salpott

• Not So New ...
  • Looking for the kitten......
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 19:07:34 »
Supersprout is right, the liquid collects in the base of the wormery and then can be tapped off as and when required.  I have a wormery and the liquid collected is a great feed for all my plants and veg.  I generally diulte about 1 part of worm juice to 10 parts water. Keep it in a dark cool place of you dont use it straight away...but be warned, after a while it may pong!

mellor

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 19:50:18 »
Thats great thanks folks, i shall get some in!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal