Author Topic: Dr Wally/aka Pauly Walters  (Read 1578 times)

valmarg

• Hectare
Dr Wally/aka Pauly Walters
« on: October 23, 2006, 22:38:29 »
Am I the only TOG on this site that mourns the death of Pauly?

I loved him for his wonderful wit, and for intoducing me to such wonderful artistes as Eva Cassidy, Beth Neilssen Chapman, Katy Melua, et el.

valmarg

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Dr Wally/aka Pauly Walters
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 00:16:38 »
It was quite difficult to listen to Terry Wogan's Show this morning...it was so moving!  I don't know how Terry kept the jokes coming - thought he was very brave when he must have been crying inside. I think many people will mourn the passing of good old Pauly Walters, such a lovely charming man, always a wonderful choice of music and such a gentle humour.  They made a great team together Terry and Doctor Wally. So very Sad!  :( busy_lizzie     
live your days not count your years

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:27:13 »
I definitely qualify as a Tog... they keep me sane as I drive down the M1 on a work morning!
 ;D

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 09:34:09 »
Another TOG here, Pauly will be missed by many fans, and I'm sure that Terry, Boggy and the rest of the Crew are all really feeling the loss.
Kathi :-)

tilts

• Acre
  • Boom Boom boom Boom Esso blue!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 12:27:07 »
TOG here too, so glad that God gave us Dr Wally, so confused why he took him.....
Tread softly or you'll tread on my dreams.....Yeats

trojanrabbit

• Half Acre
  • There are those who call me... Pete
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 15:08:39 »
I'm probably a mere TYG, though tend to oscillate between our Tel on 2 and ClassicFM... depends on my mood.

It is sad, but there is a time to all things. Mr Walters will be missed, but we can only trust that he's gone on to good stuff and no further illness. The best we can do is to remember him for all those good times and wish his friends and family peace and comfort as they come to terms with it.

wellingtons

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 18:03:12 »
I don't know if I'm TYG or a TOG, but oddly enough I was only wondering a couple of days before he died how Dr Wally was, and if he was coming back.

Sad day, but I liked the way that the show was dedicated to him ... he will be missed, the chemistry was magical.  And Wogan is big enough to know that he has lost someone very rare.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal