Author Topic: Who here....?  (Read 2415 times)

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
Who here....?
« on: April 13, 2004, 15:25:04 »
Who here, is a member of the HDRA and/or Heritage Seed Library? Anyone joined RHS?

Anyone else subscribe to/read Kitchen Garden Magazine? ORganic Gardening Magazine, Amateur Gardening, other gardening mags....?

Anyone listen to Gardeners Question Time? I don't have a TV and when I did, I never watched the gardening programmes. I did however, visit the All Muck & Magic ? garden over at HDRA's Ryton Gardens.
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Who here....?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 15:37:14 »
I am a member of the RHS, and have been for a few years, altho I am not going to renew this year as I am going to subscribe to Kitchen Garden mag for a year.  I have memberships and subscriptions as pressies from Ava, bless him.  :-*

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 18:00:50 »
I subscribe to amateur gardening  and was up until last month an RHS member. I didnt renew because it wasnt realy my scene and found the magazine too high-brow for my gardening interests. I did though take part in the seed disribution scheme  ;D

flowerbaby_uk

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 18:10:40 »
Love kitchen garden mag me its brill and amateur garden too and has just chose me seeds for me first ever go at being a seed guardian  am really looking forward to my results i also buy garden news as well and gardens  answers  me house is full ;D ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 18:20:15 »
As I've said many times - HDRA. Not just for their expertise and ready information, both published & by 'phone or e-mail, but to a great extent as support for a worthwile cause. = Tim

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 18:52:56 »
Ex-member HDRA, reader of Kitchen Garden (brilliant - loved Jack and the Lad section; sad it's gone).

Best of all GQT!

All best, Gavin

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2004, 20:14:52 »
Where have I been, I've never seen or heard of the Kitchen Garden Magazine, can't think Bill wouldn't have bought it he always picks up gardening papers/mags mainly for the veggie articles.  Must be available in Scotland

Just answered my own question, found it on-line!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 20:20:18 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Chaz Hunter

• Half Acre
  • Creator of my own little world...
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2004, 20:21:05 »
I subscribe to Kitchen Garden magazine, I've found its the only monthly mag which gives so much detail..a must for any beginner. I also use the KG's online forum. I used to watch Gardeners World, brilliant when Geoff Hamilton was presenter :'(, bearable with Titchmarsh, but Monty Don ::)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 21:29:15 »
Hi folks i find GARDEN ANSWERS mag very good and good value for money to. :D

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 21:58:09 »
Kitchen Garden Magazine! Since a year and a half I'm sharing it with one of the (then) posters on the beeb site and.......I get to keep it (I'm in Holland). See what this medium is good for?  I really like the down to earth gardening style in it and good practical info.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 17:58:41 »
Cant say i have EVER seen anything about Kitchen garden magazine either on sale or advertised in another magazine. It sounds good if you are into veg growing (as we all are!).

I have a feeling we have visited this topic before, but alongside Amateur Gardening I often get/read Garden Answers and Gardeners World Magazine

I prefer GW mag of the two, as i find GA a bit designerish and simplistic and the practical info often has inacuracies in it ( or rather i know different and disagree with some of the advice).

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 22:54:33 »
http://www.kitchengarden.co.uk/ - if it's not stocked locally, you can find it now!  

Here in Leeds, it's not widely stocked - only in the main WHSmiths, Borders, and one or two other smaller outlets.

All best - Gavin

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 06:57:46 »
Morrisons is the only supermarket that I know that stocks it

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 23:18:20 »
ooooooooo got my first ever copy of Kitchen Garden Mag from a shop in sunny Devon.  How chuffed was I !!!  I sense a subscription pressie coming up.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal