Author Topic: Seeds for 25p per packet!  (Read 5636 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Seeds for 25p per packet!
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 12:44:55 »
EJ - my local had White Lisbon, Ishikuro & North Holland Blood Red - Redmate yesterday.....want me to go back to look 4 you? PM me if you do Can never have too many spring onions - good for stirring the g&t ;) ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 22:42:46 »
Lish  ??? are you referring to Bourneville ??? I went there the very next day after you PMed me and bought £11.50's worth of seeds but while I was there picking out seed packets the heavens opened and I felt a drop of rain on my hand, then noticed one or two packets were stuck together, one broad bean packet was exposing its seeds :o

I mentioned this to the checkout guy and all he said was "Yes it leaks all over the place" but made no comment about moving the box's to a dryer spot :( so be weary if you buy. :'(

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 23:08:26 »
Thanks Lish, you are a star, but worry thee not.  ;D  I am hoping (kids go back on Tuesday) to wander to mine and just have one more looksie, see if I missed anything interesting at the bottom of the bucket.  Prefer celery in my g&t, just can't get the bloody stuff to grow!!  ;)

Roy, every wyvales I have ever been to leaks like a sieve!  They are like huge greenhouses.  The one by my mums used to have buckets everywhere to catch the drips!  Used to worry me around Christmas time as they used to have big chissy lighting displays!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006, 08:31:34 »
Lish  ??? are you referring to Bourneville ???

Yep, that's the one - and I think we've handled the same packet of broad bean seeds too (ahhh.....our hands have almost touched - starry-eyed emoticon needed)   ;D

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 10:10:51 »

every wyvales I have ever been to leaks like a sieve!  They are like huge greenhouses.  The one by my mums used to have buckets everywhere to catch the drips!  Used to worry me around Christmas time as they used to have big chissy lighting displays!!

Yep That's about right, I used to work in one about 10 years ago and it was as bad then ::)
I went back in there the other day and they were hoovering and I'm sure they still had the same vacuum (still not working, with parcel tape holding it together).

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 18:03:49 »
Thought I would be too late for this bonanza - only managed to get to my nearest one today - but managed to find 50 packets that I really needed  ::) heaven knows how many I wouldv'e found if I'd gone earlier! They had mixed up the flowers and the veg and had about 10 trays of them, it was a major task sorting through.
Have a feeling there'll be still more seeds that I shall need in the coming months though................... ;D ;D ;D

ThomsonAS

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 22:16:14 »
I'm amazed at the nuber of packets some folk have bought. How do you do it?

I've surrendered half my plot to our local waiting list - some reluctantly but the other half gladly since a 12 pole plot  in neglected condition is, frankly,  too much for someone of working age aspiring to 12 hrs pw. on site.

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 09:43:45 »
I would love to buy loads but I had to really think what would definately get used, I picked up about 3 times as many as I eventually bought then spread them out on the floor (got some odd looks, but it was the only place I could see them all properly) realised I had loads of similar things but no space to grow half of them so put loads back. I still have a load left over from this year anyway.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 22:11:54 »
no fair none within 45 min drive away!

Do you think they will let me buy over the phone?

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 23:29:11 »
no fair none within 45 min drive away!

Do you think they will let me buy over the phone?

Doubt it. Doubt that they know what they've got. They're all jumbled up in boxes, flowers & veggie seeds together, at the B'ville place.

zorro

• Not So New ...
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2006, 19:31:38 »
like cambourne dipped out again nearest 1hour away never mind wait for wilko 75% off again. zorro

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2006, 20:12:22 »
Many thanks to kippers garden for this, have been able to buy loads of seeds I wanted at this splendid price :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 20:20:42 by jennym »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal