Author Topic: Seeds for 25p per packet!  (Read 5674 times)

kippers garden

• Hectare
Seeds for 25p per packet!
« on: August 28, 2006, 14:15:37 »
Just been to Wyevale Garden centre on the A6 near Mountsorrel in Leicester.  They are selling hundreds of seed packets for only 25p each.  The dates to be sown by vary but most are to be sown by 2008.

There are veg and flower seed.....what value!

Don't know if this offer is countrywide or just this garden centre, just thought i'd let you all know as you have all been really helpful to me over the last few months!
This is my simple living UK blog:  http://notjustgreenfingers.wordpress.com/

Follow me if you enjoy reading it!

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
Re: Seeds for 25p per packet!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 15:02:37 »
I'm headed past a branch today so will have a look. Cheers.

liverpoolrdbest

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 19:20:50 »
I've just been down to my local Wyevale in fair oak, easleigh (near southampton) and they have baskets full of seeds at 25p.
I bought just over £10 worth and will be back soon to get my free bulbs and most probally more seeds!!!!

Loads of flower seeds and a good variety, veg too. All Suttons and Thompson & Morgan.

Get down there!!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 23:53:06 »
Yes, been to Wyvales, Chelmsford, same thing, right by the check-out, 3 big trugs jammed full, and one just full of veggies!  Over 60 packets of seeds!  Oh how the lad on the check out smiled!  :P

ruffmeister

• Acre
    • Our Lottie blog site
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 08:42:53 »
same here the person on the till was like 30 packs of seed what do you need all of them for? lol

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 19:30:04 »
Thank you very much for the message, the choice is terrific, I didn't plant to buy anything, but ended up with 20 packets!
Delighted!
The seeds were not all in one place, flowers were at the till, veg seeds were next to cafe.  :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 20:21:37 »
I bought 80 packets ruffmeister... they didn't even count them, just sorted the flowers and subtracted from the total.... I'd counted them four times but its easy to miss one when they are all sizes....
 ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 21:28:01 »
;D I went there today and spent £11 on veg seeds, the retail price would have been £68 :o ;D Sooo glad I missed out on the "Wilko" half price offer ;D

I couldn't believe the prices they were asking for some of the seeds :o Cues F1 Bella...£3.99 :o Sweet Pepper Redskin F1...£3.25 :o I was quite chuffed paying just 25p for em tho. ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 22:46:23 »
Ooo Roy, you and I can compare next year as I picked both of those up! teehee  Loves a bargain!!!!!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 23:24:26 »
;D I'll give it a bash ;) but I think I will be struggling with 'Sweet Pepper Redskin' as our conservatory faces Nor nor something or other ::) although I bought them mainly for my granddaughter as she said she loves peppers, hope I succeed. ::) ;D

Estcourt

• Not So New ...
  • The Plot 26
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 16:31:59 »
Have just got back from Wyevale in Shurdington near Gloucester and have purchased 12 packets of various vegetable seeds at 25 pence each!
Wow what a bargain and thanks for the tip ! :D
Estcourt the Novice

From Gloucester

barkingdog

• Acre
  • Norfolk
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 14:55:39 »
Have been shopping at Norwich's Wyevale...didn't really go for much but came home with 42 packs!!! All this for £10.50  ;D

Thanks for the tip!

barkingdog

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 16:49:26 »
HI Everyone

Have any of you bargain seekers found any sweetcorn at 25p in Wyevale?  Neither of the sites closest to me has any :'(

Could I ask a favour - next time any of you are in W's could you pick me up 4 packs of sweetcorn?  I'll cover the cost and the post - thanks in anticipation

stuffed

• Half Acre
  • Hi from Milton Keynes
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 17:01:23 »
I looked for sweetcorn but couldn't find any, they did have a couple of baby corn 'minipop' but I was after normal stuff.  Ah well I still came away with 13 packs of seeds @25p each and an extra couple of promational packs with the Thompson & Morgan seeds. That's one for everyone to remember if they are yet to go, T&M have a few 'buy two pack of seeds get this pack free' seeds I got some parsnips and tomatoes, just because you're not paying full price doesn't mean you're not buying them ;D ;)

barkingdog

• Acre
  • Norfolk
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 18:24:15 »
I did see some but I can't remember which variety it was! I'm going back tomorrow and will see if there's any left!

barkingdog

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 20:18:51 »
I picked up some sweetcorn from the .25p table,  but when I got to the checkout they were full price - not quite sure how they got mixed up as there were loads  :(

ThomsonAS

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 20:22:43 »
Thanks for this great tip!

No sweetcorn @ Northampton branch - but good variety anyway - including plenty of Thompson & Morgan packets originally priced £1.99.   I was particularly pleased with some celeriac which I'd been planning to try this year but never got around to it.

cheeps

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 20:25:32 »
Wyevale in Chilton - Oxon have them too. Shame they've just stuck them is a couple of small containers, its impossible to find anything! Plus there was a que forming so we gave up.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 21:04:59 »
I picked up 80 packs the other week and saved over £118... there were things at £2.25 each... there was Sweetcorn but not Minipop which I would have taken... I tend to Grow Ovation, which wasn't in the box or I'd have bought it all. Doubt if they will have any left. Thanks to Deb P who started a similar thread in News I think..
 ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2006, 11:51:19 »
No sweetcorn in Chelmsford, I was looking as that and spring onions is about all I am short now for next year.  Thing is, don't know if this thought has crossed your mind, but how many people are now going to place a big seed order?  Not me that's for certain.  I don't suppose they will notice, but I wonder if some of the smaller seed companies notice a fall in sales.....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal