Author Topic: what goes around....  (Read 1465 times)

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
what goes around....
« on: September 05, 2006, 10:05:54 »
is it just me.....
i once bought a 'dodgy' phone, does anyone remember a good few years ago mobiles were going around for around £150,and when the £10 credit ran out you simply switched it off and when you turned it on you had another 'free' £10 credit. i got one and was a bit scared to use it so it was mainly switched off and only switched on when i made a short call...................i had it a week and got cut off!!

when my second son was being christened £ was tight as we were trying to get by on one wage, I'd managed to buy a cheap outfit for me that looked  OK, but really wanted a blouse that cost £35. there was no way i could afford it, so full of postnatal hormones, my pal and i went for a cup of tea. local shoplifters came in selling 'my blouse' for £10, my pal knocked them down to a fiver because it had a mark on the front and gave me it.  'you were definitely meant to have it' .....'it's your lucky day after all'............i washed it to get the mark off and it came out of the machine looking like it would fit Quasimodo!! 

'dodgy ' sky card from the barras market £25 ..............lasted two days.....whenever i do something 'dodgy' it comes right back at me and slaps me in the face!! so now i don't even try. anyone else like me?

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: what goes around....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 10:30:24 »
I have dodgy software all over this machine, and it all works fine; I have to admit that I have no compunction whatsoever when it comes to ripping off Microcrap.

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 10:45:43 »
believe me, if i did it my computer would probably blow up and burn the house down.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 12:03:32 »
typical weegie ;) ;)  ;D ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 21:35:03 »
I have dodgy software all over this machine, and it all works fine; I have to admit that I have no compunction whatsoever when it comes to ripping off Microcrap.

You and me both Robert.  They are evil  and deserve all they get (or don't).

My OH lives by the "don't pay for any software ever" motto!

;D

and weedbusta, i used to spend every saturday up the barras getting our weekly supply of new footage to watch, til someone slashed chief plod's tyres while he was doing a "tour" of the place and now it's too hot to handle!  we are no longer in business.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 21:43:27 »
ditto - teachers eh?  No respecters of copyright ;D
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 21:51:16 »
If we kept all the copyright laws, schools would collapse from lack of money. imagine if they had to buy 30 copies of every book we wanted to use one page from for one lesson!

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 22:29:13 »
:o I thought  they were clamping down on peeps with counterfeit copies ??? a neighbour mentioned that they keep getting a balloon that says something like "your windows is not genuine" They are too frightened to switch it on now as it keeps reminding them to get a genuine copy ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 23:13:21 »
The Windows update site thinks my copy is genuine, so it can't be that hard to bamboozle it.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 23:18:22 »
they're not very clever.  i mean if they were actually any good at what they did, they'd  be able to test the progs before releasing them on an unsuspecting beta testing public.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

baggieboy

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 23:32:02 »
My mate once brought a mountain bike off a bloke in his local. As we were walking with it one day , a car full of blokes pulled up and the driver said " Oi what you doing with my bike."  :-[

How how we laughed ...... after they chased us for ages . He was ok he rid off on the bike . With me 24 royals a day smoker , trying to leg it without collapsing. I left for pastures new not long after and lost touch with my mate , so never found out if they ever caught up with him
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 23:36:07 by baggieboy »

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 00:52:18 »
My sister once got a secondhand bike, and a few days later someone identified it as theirs. so it went back to them, and as my mother didn't have the guts to go back to the shop, she bought another elsewhere.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 08:06:58 »
:o I thought  they were clamping down on peeps with counterfeit copies ??? a neighbour mentioned that they keep getting a balloon that says something like "your windows is not genuine" They are too frightened to switch it on now as it keeps reminding them to get a genuine copy ;D

Mine keeps saying "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting". Makes me laugh every time  - no, my cr@ppy software producing friends, you are the victims - I have stolen your software! Mwuhahahahaha!!!  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal