Author Topic: Finally - a bargain at Wyvale!!  (Read 6065 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Finally - a bargain at Wyvale!!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 20:32:54 »
I can see you next time you're in there Lish, snarling and growling "Robin killers " out the side of your mouth.
 ;D

more like " Robbin' b***ards, I'll ave these for free" ;D

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 20:58:08 »

Juice all over screen !!

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 21:06:14 »
Had a very strange experience at Wyvales today. Took 'The Voucher' for my free bulbs. Asked staff at counter (dared to interupt their debate about the manager's wrinkles) where to get bulbs-waving voucher about in a meaningful manner-to be told "ooh but you can't have any because you haven't filled in the back" I replied that I could do this immediately and I had my very own pen which seemed to make them quite cross!!! I was pointed to the direction of said bulbs,BUT.....on being 'difficult' by asking for bulbs which had run out (most of them),I was then told I had filled my pot too full and would have to put some back.
If it hadn't been for the fact that the bulbs were free (and I'd had £100s worth of seeds for £15) I'd have stomped off in high dugeon.

Smile, it confuses people.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 21:21:43 »
 ;D

Filling the pots.....I live quite near our local W'vale so know all the staff AND know which one to 'target' ;), so I'd prepared the way before the offer started. How far could the pot be filled? ans=dunno, I'll have to ask the manager...If they form a sort of mound over the pot but most of the bulbs are inside it, will that be OK? ans=dunno......the manager hasn't told us. The manager that tall young chap with the foghorn voice? Ans= giggle....yes, that's the one. Doesn't work on Mondays does he? Ans= no it's his day off.We're quiet on Mondays...

SO!!! What did I do yesterday?  ;D ;D ;D

If you can pack a suitcase, you can pack a lot of bulbs into a pot. And a tip - any spaces which haven't been filled by a bulb can take one of those smaller side-bulbs (taken from another bulb of course) 8)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 21:29:41 »
you've done it to me again.  one wet screen. ;D

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 09:51:06 »
I love my local Wyvale because they employ teenages who have no brains and have given me loads of bargains.

I got a lovely Gallardia this season, reduced.  The reduction didn't match with the till and the girl couldn't do the arithmetic so gave it me for 9p!!

This has happened several times where the sums were too hard and get plants for 50p 'cos they know where that button is on the till.  Maybe they are treated like sh*t so get their own back by giving huge reductions on sale stuff?
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 23:29:38 »
I am going to visit the MIL this weekend ( sunday ) and she has a Wyvale store near here so i am keen to have a look at what they have. Any special offers that i sould look out for????

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 23:33:26 »
I am going to visit the MIL this weekend ( sunday ) and she has a Wyvale store near here so i am keen to have a look at what they have. Any special offers that i sould look out for????

Seeds  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2006, 14:17:22 »
Got two lots of free bulbs this dinnertime, OH works/pays under her own name../ also saw T+M offering free Sub Arctic Plenty seeds when you but two other packets so got a black cherry tom and an Orange Pepper... the whole lot set me back £2.48...
 ;D

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2006, 14:25:35 »
Friend told me today that our free newspaper's got a voucher for bulbs from the Vale as an inset - no purchase necessary. So I've taken down the 'no free newspapers please' sign  from the front door & I'm waiting..... ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal