Author Topic: Just to let you know :)))))))))))))) More chooks  (Read 1737 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Just to let you know :)))))))))))))) More chooks
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:03:04 »
Havent updated you on my latest chook adventures!

I went to market at the beginning of the school hols... bought 2 blue silkie pullets. Then 2 weeks ago my chicken friend decided to sell his mini gold silkie and gold lf cockeral... so i bought them and a partridge silkie too. Before i collected the silkies the partridge went broody so he stuck some eggs he had that he didnt want under her and she hatched them.

All my hybrids and silkies are down the lotty now - and suddenly everyone down there is talking to me now LOL.

The partridge silkie and her 10 chicks came home last week - 7 bantam barred rocks, 2 gold or partridge silkies and a silkie x barred rock... after 2 days we were down to 9 chicks, couldnt find one anywhere... then the next morning after a very rainy night i heard this cheeping up the road where they are renovating a house. Couldnt see it but heard it. Went back with a chick and it came out of hiding cheeping to its brother... but still wouldnt come near. Went back and got the mother and she clucked like mad and baby came running over... wet but not too cold. 

So now i have 10 chicks, my 3 original chicks now 8 weeks and Mama Henrietta LOL

OH v unimpressed by my colelction of chickens!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: Just to let you know :)))))))))))))) More chooks
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 10:58:38 »
Aw OO I'm so glad you got chick no:10 back! It's absolutely wondeful to see a mother hen looking after her chicks. I love the way they call for them,it's so sweet.

You've got quite a collection now.  Is your camera fixed yet??!!

;D

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 23:56:54 »
OO,
You have done well bet OH is impressed, silkies make great mums no more incubators for you now ha ha. Love to see some photos

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 02:11:12 »
Well done oo, lovely image of you standing in the rain with mother hen under your arm rescuing chick aaaah :'( :) ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal