Author Topic: Sartorial elegance on the lottie?  (Read 6585 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re: Sartorial elegance on the lottie?
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2006, 23:14:24 »
Had a bit of a chuckle Heldi, and I notice you like your pink footwear!  I wear old jogging pants and a collection of old and past-it T-shirts.  Manky old zipped cardy when it is colder, with either boots or old trainers. Would you believe it  - I have seen a woman at our lottie wearing white trousers and white blouse  :o How she managed to keep clean I don't know, I usually come home covered in soil somehow! Also the other day saw someone actually wearing flip flops!  ??? busy_lizzie  
live your days not count your years

Shas

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 05:27:00 »
Know what you mean Lizzie, about the 'white' stuff.  Last week when Dave and I were down there, suitably attired for digging - me in old trackys, boots and a Star Trek Generations (daughters cast off) tee shirt, him in jeans, tee shirt bought in Florida on holiday that 'seemed a good idea at the time, but never been worn outside the house since we came back' (you know the sort of thing, everyone has them), and boots covered in paint and plaster from when we were working on the house, our next-door allotment holder appeared in pristine white shorts and tee-shirt, hair done, and 'face on' and holding very elegant basket to collect veg for tea.  Mind you, they do have about the tidiest allotment on the site. Not a lot to live up to then!
Found out at our allotment open day that our plot a few years ago, used to be the 'show plot'.  Now it's the 'don't look at this for at least 3 years' plot!!!!
Ahh, the 'bag!!!'.  No handbag, (Not big enough).  Huge 'Wilkies bag for life' in fetching shade of lime green, containing flask of coffee, bottle of water, sweets and other life saving equipment for little g'daughter, pen-knife, secateurs, favorite trowel, string, carrier bags, plastic pot (for more d**n blackberries!), keys, phone,
collection of baseball caps for all the family, sunglasses and other vital essentials.
Must find the leady-thing for camera!!!

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2006, 20:39:42 »
Ah yes, the secateurs........at the airport on my way to Spain, I was asked to empty my bag as it had a 'very suspicious and dangerous' looking article in it. Laughing to myself,tipping all and sundry out, thinking 'stoopid woman'
the light dawned as I clutched my £2.99  tiny secateurs from Aldi and my little plastic bag for cuttings.  :-[  They were ceremoniously removed,never to be seen again.Kicked myself all the way there.
Smile, it confuses people.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 23:07:42 »
blimey, watch out Paris - sounds like we'd knock the socks off 'em (not least from the smell from some of the descriptions !!!)

accessories usually consist of choc-o-late or warm egg custard tarts .. mmm, just as a little treat for doing so much, or whilst I'm stretched out on the bench planning my next crop  :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006, 23:55:56 »
oooo flip flops...with all those stinging nettles!! :o

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2006, 10:57:34 »
Yay !  I took my four quid allotment broken-in jeans to a Chinese Restaurant last evening. Thought they deserved a treat !

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2006, 19:14:41 »
old work trousers,pink with yellow dots wellies, when it's raining wax hat with wide brim with pheasant feathers,sometimes a white :o t- shirt, sunglasses, maybelline  cherry shimmer lippy, maybelline unstoppable mascara  :o :o yes makeup ;D and I've even worn flip flops :P :P you can't miss me/shades x
grow your own way

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2006, 20:42:03 »
Namissa's now come up with a new expression for particularly disreputable clothes of mine; 'Those are allotment!'

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2006, 22:14:51 »
I've never really understood why Al the OH insists I get changed out of my Lottie clothes before we can go to the pub etc..
 ;D

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2006, 10:28:42 »
Ok, I confess to having worn flip flops to the lottie.  Wasn't really thinking - it was one of those 'just popping over to do a bit of watering'

Never again........... :-[

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2006, 13:31:48 »
This is my usual get-up

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2006, 13:38:51 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D  and there was me thinking you wore a 'Top Hat' all the time like the pic you showed us of yourself  last Ch******s.   You sure have changed a lot in under a year.   ;) ;) ;)

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2006, 13:50:36 »
Well this is another of my favourite outfits

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2006, 14:40:20 »

There's handsome..........
Smile, it confuses people.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2006, 22:10:47 »
isn't he just, wow and plus a top hat   :o :o :o

Chocolate

• Half Acre
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2006, 23:06:21 »
Now thats how a man should do the 'lottie,
Suit and tie to match me dressed all in white
teetering in my 3"heels with white gloves.
NOT  ;D  ;D

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2006, 00:50:37 »
Tie??? That comes straight off as soon as I get back from school. Loathesome things!

Shas

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2006, 07:39:00 »
Robert,
My OH wants to know what this 'tie-thingy' is???????

(He thinks it's that funny thing he used to wear round his neck before he retired, but memory isn't what it was now 60 is fast approaching!!)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal