Author Topic: 3rd time lucky  (Read 1806 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
3rd time lucky
« on: August 04, 2006, 14:49:59 »
Some of you may remember my sister-in-law (Charlie's only remaining sibling) suggested as we are all getting older (and living round the country) it would be a good idea to have a gathering of Charlie's family. A date was arranged and then one of the IMPORTANT members had double booked that w/e. Then Christine had it all planned for April 2006, then poor  Chris was very ill two weeks before the date. Another cancellation., Anyhow her eldest daughter rang me three weeks ago and said SHE has arranged it all for tomorrow(5th),she hasn't told her Mum yet but is going to sometime today so as not to be too much of a shock.. Sharon lives opposite Chris so tomorrow around 40 of us are going to arrive in Chislehurst. Family members from, Malvern,,Paignton,London and 10 of us from Cambridgewhire. I am travelling with my usual chauffeur (son John and Donna). There will be quite a few family who have never seen each other.We are all over the moon.
I should think Charlie and his older sister Joy will be looking down and saying "Wahay, the gangs all here"
Knowing this lot there will be lots of laughter and probably a few emotional minutes for the missing ones.
Wish us luck for good weather so we can spread out to the gazebos ::) ::)
Lorna

cookie

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: 3rd time lucky
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 14:57:03 »
Have a wonderfull day Lorna :) :) You are very lucky to have such a lovely large family!!!!!!!!!!

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 15:04:24 »
Hope you have a lovely time on Saturday, must be quite exciting getting together with all the family.  ;)

Say hello to the Bickley area for me, and poke your tongue out at my old school! :P
Kathi :-)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 15:45:51 »
Lorna, what a lovely family gathering it will be.  I do hope you all have a fabulous day and everything goes according to plan!  :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 16:25:54 »
Have a great day Lorna! Lots of fun and laughter and catching up.  :D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 17:04:14 »
Hey Lorna, you have the best day ever, family gatherings seem to be quite scarce these days people scattered far & wide.
Good luck hope you have a fab day.Love Maryxx.

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 17:18:16 »
Lorna, that sounds just wonderful.  Here's hoping you have a really happy day.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 17:42:45 »
Thanks folk. Getting quite excited. Hairdresser has been, clothes laid out ready. I have just noticed that Chris is on line on my Yahoo Messenger, she hasn't buzzed me so I am wondering if she has been told yet :)
Kathi May take the children for a walk across the common and down the hill to the Station.. Better do that before I open the brandy!! We won't be leaving here until 2pm as John has some business to attend to but that will still give is a few hours to enjoy.
Thanks again to you all.
Lorna

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 18:26:25 »
Have a great day Lorna,there's nothing like family. Take lots of pics for the album too.
Maggie. ;)
Smile, it confuses people.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 11:29:45 »
I am in deep trouble. Got the video camera out pressed something I shouldn't now can't film. Lorna has just come in and trying to sort it. Never mind have to take lots of pics ::)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 12:25:21 »
I am sure someone will be able to sort out your video camera for you Lorna so take it with you as well as your camera.  Have a really lovely time.   ;D ;D

weedbusta

• Hectare
  • glasgow
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 22:05:56 »
hope by the time you read this you've got a massive hangover and lots of stories to tell.  ;) x

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 12:30:28 »
Well folk. What can I say except perfect day,perfect company, perfect food and perfect drink. Except one idiot managed to upset my grandson's girlfriend. Some moron in a truck decided to side swipe her three month old car and then speed off. Luckily Lorna and her partner were standing out the front of the house but didn't manage to get reg number of truck. Charlie's niece said "Most who come through here live up on the estate",So o ff four chaps went to look for truck and found it!!My very irate grandson was first out of the car and banging on a door..Son John took pics of truck with some of Jodies car paint colour on it, then took pics of Jodie's car. The guy eventually gave his details. Police were informed but no help (I know they are busy) So today local police station will be visited with all evidence etc etc,
Then on way home as we neared Blackwall tunnel it appeared there was a bad accident ahead. Luckily John knows the whole area and we all  after being stuck in traffic jam for long time diverted off to Greenwich/Erith etc and came home via Dartford tunnel. A tired crowd arrived home at 2am. Apart from above WOW we had a brilliant day.
Thanks for all your lovely posts.

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 17:03:32 »
 ;D

Sounds like a lovely time Lorna! There is always at least one kerfuffle at family events isn't there?!!

;)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 18:21:38 »
lol, sounds like one of the OH's family's parties lol.

glad you had a great time Lorna. 

did you get the video working ??? lol
 ::)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 20:43:53 »
Mrs KP No video,.It was only the focus thing that I touched. John is convinced it was pure coincidence and that my battery has given up the ghost.(I had charged it right up) so will get new battery. Brother-in-law did a lot of videoing and my crowd took loads of pics..Early night tonight, just got back from John's they had a little get together , one of daughter-in-laws brothers was down so we celebrated  the fact that he has been given the all clear from his mouth cancer.

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 21:21:26 »
oh that is good news.  that's put a nice "up" to the end of the weekend.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 23:05:35 »
All in all an eventful time, then, Lorna ;D Sleep well, happy dreams and oh! all the pics to look forward to 8) Really pleased to read the good news about the rel's C result.

;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal