Author Topic: Urgent - companion wanted for Moby... (duckling)  (Read 2085 times)

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
Urgent - companion wanted for Moby... (duckling)
« on: July 22, 2006, 15:40:03 »
Hello again...

I know I have been a bit quiet recently...

I urgently need a duckling as a companion to an abandoned duckling I acquired last Tuesday... for those who wish to see "him" photos/story can be seen at

http://moby1.blogspot.com/

Cheers
mat
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 16:27:27 by mat »

mat

• Hectare
Re: Urgent - companion wanted for Moby... (duckling)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 21:18:17 »
A duckling has been found.  Soon after posting this, I found out about a duck farm selling ducklings down near Southampton.  Lovely lady, who said she's even sex Moby (my abandoned duckling) if I took "it" down with me.  So I have just driven down there, found out Moby is likely to be a "she" and I now have a sister for Moby.  It was great to see a duck farm with a thousand growing/adult ducks in fields!!!

Moby is the dark one (about 5 days old now) and the new "sister" is 2 days old.  The new one is a hybrid type bred for eggs (Cherry Valley) and was only £2.50 + my fuel.  I am so happy Moby now has a companion.  They sat in a box in my passenger well preening each other on the way back.

The only thing is that the new one is Soooo noisy  ::)  Moby is pretty quiet and looked at the new one and nibbled my fingers as though to say; "I am not sharing my house with that"!!!  I am upstairs, and I can still hear the new one in the kitchen!!!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 10:22:38 »
Aw Mat I've just caught up with this.  I've loved reading your blog and the photos are fantastic.

I love ducks but don't think I have the where withall to have one or two. Thought about it for a while on the lotty but I've got enough with the hens there now!

Good luck with Moby and her sister. Got a name yet?

Was camping this weekend.the campsite had ducks wandering about. They came round to the tent every morning and evening looking for cheeky little scraps. They were lovely. My son ran off and took some photos so I'll check them out and show you.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 15:33:13 »
Mat, congratulations! What lovely little ducklings and what a smashing blog you've created :)

Looking forward to hearing what name you've chosen. 8)

mat

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 18:57:07 »
Thanks.  if anyone has any suggestions for names, I would gratefully receive them...

So far the only suggestion has been (and it is very good)... Dixie ( for Moby Dix and Dixie Chicks...)

Glad you have liked the Blog.  Moby is quite famous now at work and a lot of people are enjoying keeping track of her progress!!! Seeing as it is a large IT company, I have provided some much needed amusement!  I heard today that I made two little girls (daughters of someone in the company) very happy by (finally) finding Moby a sister as they were getting very upset at the thought of her being lonely!

I think it is so amusing that two guys found her and drove her back to work, with one of them cuddling her (and carried on doing so during the afternoon, until I moved her!!!)

I'd love some hens again, but not too practical with the lottie occasionally flooding and me living 5-6 miles away!!!

I'd love to see the photos

mat
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 18:59:40 by mat »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal