Author Topic: New hen arrived?  (Read 2291 times)

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
New hen arrived?
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:37:30 »
Yesterday morning a chap at the door wanting to know if I had lost a hen, well no all mine are in runs.
He had come back from hols and found a hen in his garden and his cats were stalking it. No idea where it came from and he wanted to find it a home.
He had heard my cockrell when passing taking children to school and asked a neighbrough where the hens were? He lives at the other end of the village from me.
So I agreed and in 15 mins he was back by car with hen in box.
She is lovely brown like a Lohmann beak has been tipped no tags but so well handled so friendly.
Made her a makeshift run and food and water with carboard box and straw a happy hen, later in the day went to check her she was missing searched garden went to main hen run and there she is trying to get into them.
She had pushed the two little runs apart to get out.
So now she in back in her makeshift run and they are tied together.
Hubby went to let the hens out this morning into run and came in so exctited come see he said and our new hen Rosie had laid a egg.
Well after all her excitement yesterday she had laid me a egg bless her.
Going to check the pet shop which I get the hen food to see if a missing hen is advertised if not I have aquired another addition to our family.
So where she came from is a mistery deep down I hope I dont find the owner she is so cute.
I gave him 6 eggs for his kindness he was most surprised but one good turn derseves another.

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
Re: New hen arrived?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 14:53:50 »
She sounds an ideal hen!!!

Lucky you.

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 13:46:13 »
Lucky hen!

She sounds like a very good girl. I'm not surprised you don't really want to find out where she comes from. I wouldn't either  ;)

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 14:09:59 »
Oh neighbrough said someone up the road had lost a hen well my heart was in my mouth the thought of lossing Rosie.
No he had lost a white silki hen shear relief I went out to give her a bit of lettuce and yep another egg large one and shell better quality this time.
Must have been the choc cake she had yesterday ha ha I also did a mix of pellets and cut maise so she could have a choice?
You know daft as it sounds I sat with her for a while telling her how I thought I was going to loss her and how upset I would be. She just stood their looking up at me talking to me like she was consoling me it was like she understood how strange animals can be at times.
My son and wife moved into their new home on friday and I was happy for them but knowing how much we would miss the company. They were packing the last few things up as Rosie came to the door.
I do often wonder if things happen for a reason or perhaps its my age ha ha.

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
    • my work yes-it really does count as a job.....
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 20:11:35 »
aw..teresa..i know how you feel-i think everyone gets more emotional the older they get..after 8 years of living together our lad has split up with his missus..she didnt think she was getting ebough attention from him,ran off with the gym instructor-quel surprise-to find that the grass was actually the same colour on both sides off the fence..*sigh*

too late for our boy-hes a 'once bitten' type...hes now going strong with a south african girl, here  for a 2 year visa work stay-already theres talk of living in s.a.the thought makes me feel sick..but -what can you do?
as if losing a hen wouldnt be bad enough!!! ;) ;D
que sera sera.......
hope you get to keep rosie..personaly i should stop looking for the owner...
what hen???? ;)
kitty
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 23:28:22 »
Ahhhh Teresa, what a lovely happening. Fingers crossed that Rosie can stay with you :)

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 23:39:33 »
Thanks Alishka fingers crossed,
Oh Kitty, S.A. is a long way off fingers crossed they decide to stay in U.K.
Rosie laid another egg today she is a happy little hen.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 23:48:59 »
Have you put Rosie in with the others yet Teresa?

Kitty, the good news is...if they do go to SA you get to have some smashing hols and see some fab scenery.

From a mum whose one-and-only has always lived miles and miles away,

Lishka x

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 16:24:04 »
what a difference a day makes!

its all off with miss south africa...kids ay? ::) ::) ::)

well..i spose at least it was training for the future-after all-he cant go out with anyone  from furthur away!
sadly lish-we have too many commitments for hols anywhere-shop and animals-we get days out tho so thats good..and mostly,illness permitting(i have crohns disease,he's bonkers),we do have the life of reilly! ;D ;D ;D

hope rosie hen is happily clucking away!
kitty
xx
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 21:47:01 »
No Lishka Rosie is in quantine for a week to make sure she is ok before mixing her in with the girls.
To make up for the lack of company we take it in turns to go and talk to her with tit bits in our hands. This afternoon she watch OH clean the filters of the pool out. She was talking to him and him to her it was so funny ( black van arriving soon me thinks) but even our dogs go out and check on her as well she is not frightened at all.
Checked the local pet feed shop sale boards but nothing so I do think I have a chance to keep her.
She did not lay today must be a day off cannot blame her may be a double yoker tomorrow ha ha. that would be something.
Oh Kitty, kids are strange critters, my eldest like yours wife left now he has a partner a house and child but marriage is not on the books. She can have anything but not that. He had it rough bless him.
Youngest been with us 2 years with girlfriend first year saving to get married 2 year saving for their house so they derserve it with both families mucking in to get it livable.
Only the other side of town but they need their space to start married life and with baby on the way due Jan its all go for them.

kitty

• Hectare
  • its what i do.
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 22:25:15 »
ahh..teresa-if only they made life simple for us ay? ;D
our lad and the first one stayed with us for two years too-we all kept our independance tho-i didnt cook for them -they ahd use of all facilities tho while they saved for their house...i still like her in an odd way-despite how shes treated our lad-he can be as selfish as the next male-but she doesnt realise they ALL have their faults...*sigh*
she's young...he's young-tis a hard lesson and a harder life-its one year ago today that they split up-his 27th birthday on thursday...
o well..cant live it for them.....
kitty
www.leagoldberg.com
...yes,its a real job...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal