Author Topic: Baby Chicks - rubbish photos - sorry  (Read 2330 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Baby Chicks - rubbish photos - sorry
« on: June 27, 2006, 16:36:54 »

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
Re: Baby Chicks - rubbish photos - sorry
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 17:19:19 »
Oh is this the black pekin?

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 18:18:32 »
the black pekin is the second photo down - you can see the fluffy feet!  The other photos are the orpington and the white silkie.

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 18:33:25 »
awww (sniff) they look so cosy in that incubator and happy in your hands oo :)

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 00:32:08 »
How are the chicks doing is the little one still shaking it head or has he stopped it now?

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 09:04:39 »
yeah she is still shaking a little bit but is getting better each day!  They are funny things... OH had them on his belly last night whilst we were watching tv... one of the walked up to his chin did a poo and walked off... next thing OH is saying 'Have a i got poo on my cheek??' - he'd wiped it on himself... he wasnt impressed - I was in stitches!

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 21:00:37 »
Oh thats good its doing well then, I had to laugh about your OH, least he is bonding with the chicks hee hee.
I am off on hols for a week so am leaveing my lot in the capable hands of a friend who is living in for the week.
He said leave me a list of what to do. You want to see my list detailed is not the word but he like animals which is good.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 23:20:11 »
Ahhh lucky you have a helper - i have a fab helper too who looks after my animals... luckily he lives up the road and is an expert in chooks!

The chicks are so funny... i've started letting them out in the hallway a couple of times a day - they leap about and flap their little wings and do all crazy stuff... me runnnig closely behind with the loo roll LOL.

Today my little boy wanted to finish the film in his camera - he put the flash on, took the photo   - they all screamed, jumped out of their skin and went completely nuts! poor things - must remember 'no flash photography!'...

Obviously they know if im around i might let them out the box.... so now they cheeepp cheeep cheepe like mad for ages until i get them out - they've only just shut up.

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 10:34:48 »
Yep done the flash thing myself it does spook them. ha ha
Got back at 3.30am yesterday had a cuppa dogs went mad to see us then up to the hens, toddlers and babies all please to see us back nice to be missed. I keept texting friend to make sure they were all right how sad is that.
But friend and his girlfriend had loads of fun with them think they are hooked on chickens now they could not believe how the babies grew so quick.
Ah but it sooo good to be home with them, lovely to have a holl, but  I missed my babies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal